Status: Mixing potions

First Love

Chapter One

They say you never move on from your first love. Some say that you'll get over them "eventually." Whenever that is...

For me, as a 16 year old girl, I am waiting for my ridiculous brain to realize that he officially has a girlfriend. He is out of my league anyway...if only I could tell my conscience that.

It was currently lunch time in the horrible year of 10th grade. I was sitting at my usual lonely spot in the cafeteria, watching Drew Carson with my entire being.

It was honestly quite useful to be invisible at school. Not literally of course, that would be too weird for my taste. Just to be out of sight and out of mind towards the whole school has its ups and downs.

Drew slung his head back suddenly in laughter. I intensely stared as his eyes squeezed shut and his pearly white teeth gleamed in the utterly dreadful florescent light of the school. He still somehow looked flawless and beautiful.

This is what I did everyday.

I had a specific routine that I followed. It was basically revolving around Drew.

I had one friend who happened to not be in my lunch every year. There were only 5 days of school until summer and today was one of them.

Drew's eyes swept the room and passed over my gaze until they landed on me. His face lit up and he smiled. My heart beat sped up to an inhuman pace. Drew Carson was looking at me. Smiling at me even. I couldn't breathe. This couldn't be happening. He put up his hand and motioned for me to come to him.

I smiled and got up with my tray.

This was like a dream come true. I was finally getting to sit with Drew at lunch. Something did seem a little suspicious, as he had never even breathed in the same vicinity as me before but I wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth if this was my lucky day.

I had reached his table when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Drew looked at me skeptically and so did all of his friends who had fallen silent since my arrival at their exclusive table.

I turned to look behind me and it was none other than Candice Richards. Drew's beautiful girlfriend. It hadn't occurred to me...that his girlfriend enters through the door behind the table where I was sitting...and that was who Drew was waving at.

"Um, excuse you?" Candice said quietly, not wanting her boyfriend to hear her bitchy tone and disrespectful words towards me. I put my head down and without a word walked to put up my tray and out of the cafeteria and outside to the commons.

I sat down on a bench as the tears began to fall.

I didn't even know why I was crying. Maybe because I thought my breakthrough was finally happening all to be ruined by his stupid girlfriend.

"Um...I think you dropped this." A voice said. I looked up and into the face of a handsome stranger. His features were a little blurry since tears clouded them. I held out my palm so he could put whatever it was in it.

"Why are you crying?" He asked and I could hear a hint of a British accent. I wiped my eyes and looked into his face again, only to gasp at the godly human who was now sitting next to me on this cold iron slab of concrete. He smiled as he saw my expression.

"Are you incapable of talking or..?" He said and I nearly tripped over my own breath, however possible that was...

"No, I can talk. Sorry..." I replied, never taking my eyes off of his. They were green with specks of gold. I'd never seen anyone's eyes look like that before. He smiled at me and placed something into my hand.

I looked down and noticed my I.D. for the school that is to be worn at all times (their words not mine) was what I had dropped. It must have gotten snagged on something.

"Thank you." I told him and looked into his miraculous eyes again. His brown hair was short and lightly ruffled giving him a masculine look. He had nice muscles that showed under his shirt.

"Now, are you going to tell me what a beautiful girl like you is sitting out here by herself crying?" He whispered and my eyes widened at his comment about me being "beautiful". Those gold flecks in his eyes must be somehow affecting his vision. There is no way I heard him right...

"It's over something silly." I said, my voice hoarse and he placed his warm hand on top of mine.

"Let's see what I can do to make you feel better then?" He said and then helped me up and we started to walk hand-in-hand through the commons.

I realized I had never seen him before 5 minutes ago, so I asked him.

"Are you new?"

"Yes actually, today is my first day." He replied. It was a curious happening of events really since it was almost summer....but this beauty walking in front was something I didn't want to suddenly lose, so I kept it to myself.

"Oh...how do you know where to go?" I said back.

"Ha, I don't."

Then he made my heart melt by turning to look back at me.

"Isn't the fun of being somewhere new, exploring new territory?" He then asked and continued dragging me along.

He lead me into my favorite room in the school.

The art room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this is a little short :/

Anyway! This is it!!