Status: No internet on hold

Save Me.

Cabin

Matt tried his best to stay around as much as possible, but we both knew that it wasn't going to last forever. Ryan started to notice that Matt was around more often, so he started to make sure that we were never really in the house alone anymore. Not like we were alone together but Ryan wanted his way without getting caught and having Matt around would get him caught faster, Ryan wanted to have his way with me, to take out his aggression on me. I was his punching bag and Matt was the blocker. Ryan didn't like that one bit.

I watched from outside the room as Matt sat at the table looking at Ryan. They seemed to be having a silent stare down of some sorts, Then finally Matt spoke up as I walked into the room.

"I came up with an idea for the band, Remember back in the old days we would take our breaks so we wouldn't lose our minds, Well you know how I like to go fishing, right? I bought a cabin and we’re all going up there this weekend. We leave tonight." Matt leaned back in the chair, folded his arms and smiled, he seemed to feel like the alpha dog in this conversation.

Ryan looked around and then his eyes landed on me. Narrowing them, he looked back at Matt and shook his head.

"Nah, we aren't a part of the band." He spoke up, crossed his arms and leaned back in his own chair, I knew his plan.

Matt shook his head, He wasn't going to allow him to back out; he was going to have it to where we all went. He was going to have it to where we weren't alone.

"Yes, you are. I'll be by the house at around eight to pick you both up." Matt stood from the table, and Ryan sat in silence, I didn’t make a move or sound. There was no possible way for him to back out of this. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 7:30, That gave us a half hour to pack our things for the weekend and get ready. Matt was smart because after Matt left I saw Ryan standing slowly from his spot and walked over to me.

I took a step back waiting for him to strike, waiting for him to grab my hair, but nothing happened. Instead, he walked past me mumbling something that I couldn't understand. He made his way to the room and started pack.

Eight o’clock came pretty fast and I was surprisingly happy to go on a vacation with the band. The best part was the fact that it had to do with fishing and I absolutely loved to get my hands dirty when it came to fishing, something I hadn’t done in a long time.

I sat in the back of Matt’s black SUV and watched the trees pass us by, he wasn't a bad driver but he wasn't the safest driver either. He took turns sharp and would swerve through traffic. I would catch myself holding on for dear life, But I would never speak up. I knew better then to speak to him when Ryan was around, It was a bad move. There was a time that I had answered his question and Ryan slammed my head into the bedroom counter, He did it hard enough but not to where it would bring attention, It caused me to have a massive headache the next day and I probably had a concussion as well.

After a long drive we arrived at the cabin where the rest of the members stood waiting for us. They had their things, with their girlfriends and some were actually alone. As I grabbed my things from the back of the car and followed after Matt and Ryan, I watched as they both greeted the group. I stood behind taking my time to walk over to them, I knew that I was wanted but at the same time I just wanted to see everyone together.

"Ava, come on." I heard Ryan's voice and quickly followed after them into the big cabin. It was nice. Wood on the outside with tons of windows, there were a good amount of bedrooms as well, the kitchen and living room where a room apart from each other, the living room held a few windows, couches and a fireplace, while the kitchen looked normal but fancy.

The day had went pretty quick, We relaxed and soon enough Ryan and some of the others made their way to grab some beers from the nearest town, probably about twenty minutes both ways. Which gave me some time to be alone and enjoy the lake that was at the bottom of the road.

It was nice and the lake was huge. There were mountains surrounding us with large trees that looked like they touched the sky, The grass was pretty tall on some parts of the lake but it still made everything look nice. The silence was exceptionally peaceful and I didn't have any fear; I didn't fear being hit or being humiliated, I didn't have a single worry at that moment. I knew that I was protected here, even though the only person who knew of the situation was Matt and not the others, it still made me feel safe.

"Mind if I join?" I looked up to see Matt standing ther,. His short cut hair would have moved if it was longer, his tight sleeveless shirt showed his tattoos going up and down his arms; his muscles flexed as I nodded and he sat down.

"Thank you, This place is beautiful." I had taken my sandals off and now let my feet dip in the cool water.

"I'm glad you like it." His voice was soft as he spoke.

I took one more glance at him and then looked back at the lake, there was no awkward feeling sitting next to him. It was as if we were really good friends just enjoying the peace together, when we both knew it was more then just enjoying the peace.

It was nice.