Status: I adore this one shot, so I hope you guys do too! :)

12 Roses and a Love Letter

The Night That Changed Everything

“Hey Becca. Are you ready for the party?”

I check myself out in the mirror before turning to my best friend with a smile.

“More than ever.”
“Wow. You look great. Who're you trying to impress?” She winks.
“No one,” I roll my eyes. “I just wanna fit in with the rest of the people there.”
“Whatever you say. Let's just hurry and get there before the guys get impatient.”

I just laugh and quickly nod before grabbing my cell and purse.

“Alright let's go. I'll drive.”
“Sounds good.”

We smile and head out to my car. I drive to where the party is and park right outside the house.

“Think the guys are here yet?”
“Guess we'll have to wait and see.”

I smile and shut the car off before getting out and heading up to the front door with Victoria. I ring the bell and after a couple of seconds our friend Katelyn opens the door.

“Hey guys! Come on in!”
“Thanks!”

We smile and go inside. The place is jam packed and there's music playing in the background.

“Awesome.”
“Got any alcohol?” I ask.
“Yeah! In the kitchen.”
“Thanks.”

I smile before grabbing Victoria's arm and dragging her to the kitchen. I grab two beers from the fridge and toss her one.

“Thanks.”
“Mhm.”

I open my can and take a long sip.

“I hope the guys are here already. I really wanna see Jimmy.”
“Ha! I knew you dressed like that for someone!”
“Oh stop,” I blush.
“Well let's go find him! I've been dying to see Matt. I haven't seen him in almost two days. He's been busy with band related things.”
“Yeah. Must be tough to go days without seeing him.”
“It is, but I get through it,” she smiles.
“Good. Let's go find them.”
“Sounds good.”

I smile at her and we walk out of the kitchen.

“Where do you think they would be?”
“I dunno. Living room mingling with people?”
“Maybe! Let's go see.”
“Okay.”

We head towards the living room and look around. I spot Matt in the corner talking to Johnny and elbow Victoria.

“Look,” I nod in his direction.
“Great! I'm gonna go see him. Wanna come?”
“Sure.”

I smile and follow her over to Matt. He grins when he sees her.

“Babe!”

They hug for a couple of seconds before letting each other go.

“I've missed you so much!”
“I've missed you too,” she grins.

Matt glances over at me and smiles.

“Hey Bec! How's it going?”
“Good! How's the new album coming along?”
“Oh it's coming along fantastic! You're gonna love it.”
“Oh I'm sure I will. You guys never fail to impress me.”
“Great.”
“Yeah! So where's Jimmy? Is he here?”
“Yeah. He's out on the porch having a cigarette.”
“Awesome. I'm gonna go talk to him. I miss him terribly.”
“He misses you too. He'll be happy to see you.”
“Good.”

I smile before heading to the porch. I look around and see him in the corner talking to Katelyn. I'm about to head over when she leans up and kisses him. He kisses her back and kind of pulls her closer to him. I feel my heart shatter and turn around before running out of the room with tears streaming down my face. I run through the living room and hear Victoria calling after me.

“Becca? Becca what's wrong?”

I stop dead in my tracks and eyeball Katelyn's expensive vase. It's an antique vase that got passed down to her. It's been through many generations of her family. Oh what a shame it would be if it broke into a million little pieces. I walk over to it and pick it up. Tossing it in the air a bit.

“Becca what are you doing?”

I look over at Victoria. Pure anger gleaming in my eyes. She looks worried. I just give her a horrific smile before raising my arm and throwing the vase right at the wall. It smashes to pieces and everyone looks over at me with utter shock. The music stops and then seconds later Katelyn comes rushing in.

“What the hell was that?!”

She stops when she sees the vase smashed to pieces and tears start welling up inside of her eyes. She kneels down and picks up all of the shattered pieces.

“W-who did this?”

She lets out a cry and just looks up at everyone. I glare at her, my face beginning to turn red with fury. Victoria rushes over to me and puts her hand on my shoulder.

“Becca you need to calm down. What the hell happened?”

I don't answer. I just stare at her. I see a look of fear cross her face and she takes a step back.

“Becca? What's going on? Are you okay?”

She frowns and Matt comes over to her, putting his hand on her shoulder.

“I think she's having another one of her moments. Just let her calm down.”

I snap my head towards him and turn my head a bit. He shakes his head and grabs me by the shoulders.

“Snap out of it! What the fuck happened? Why did you smash the vase?”

Katelyn looks up and gasps.

“You smashed it? Why would you do that?”

I turn my gaze to her. My eyes are full of pure hatred and murder. She frowns and stands up.

“Becca tell me.”

I can see the anguish in her eyes, but I just turn and walk out of the room.

“Becca!”

I pull the front door open and storm out of the house, slamming the door shut behind me. I'm about to get in my car when Victoria stops me.

“Becca what the hell happened? Tell me! Please!”
“I saw the little cunt kissing Jimmy, okay?! Are you fucking happy?!”
“What? Why would he kiss her? He doesn't like her like that.”
“I don't fucking know! Why don't you ask him yourself?! Do I look like I know everything that fucking goes on in this God damn city?!”

She frowns and just backs away.

“N-no... I'm sorry.”

She turns around and heads back inside. I get in my car and just put the key in the ignition, tossing my purse onto the passenger seat. What a way to ruin my whole fucking night. I just sigh and put the car in drive. I look over and see Jimmy coming out of the house and just floor it, instantly speeding down the road away from the house. I refuse to talk to him right now. Not after what just happened. He lied to me about everything and now I can never trust him ever again. Not after this. I try to keep my attention on the road, but my phone starts going off. I sigh and reach over to grab my purse from the passenger seat, but it's out of reach. I turn my gaze onto my purse for a quick second and lean over to grab it. Just as I grab it, my car comes to a complete stop and I find myself flying out of my seat and through the windshield. I can feel shards of glass stuck in my neck, chest and sides and try to stay as still as possible. I try to scream for help, but it doesn't work. Every move I make hurts and the pain is unbearable. I feel myself losing consciousness and just black out then and there.

~Victoria's POV~

I find Jimmy outside on the front steps with his head in his hands. I frown and sit down next to him.

“You okay?”
“No. She sped off before I could talk to her and she won't answer her phone. I tried like ten times and it keeps going to voicemail.”
“Just give her a little bit to cool off. She's really upset.”
“I didn't mean for her to be upset like that. I don't even like Katelyn! She's nothing but a skank who goes after every guy she meets.”
“Yeah well obviously Becca doesn't know this.”
“I want her to. I love Becca, Victoria. I fell in love with her the moment I laid my eyes on her. I know she didn't feel that way for me at first, but I knew eventually she would so I waited for her. I just wish she would give me the chance to tell her.”
“Well maybe she went home. How about we drive there and see if that's where she went. I'll go with you for moral support.”
“Yeah. That sounds great. Let's do it.”

I smile at him and we get up and head to his car. After we get in we start driving in the direction of her house. About a mile or so down the road we see a car slammed into a brick wall and someone smashed through the windshield and smoke coming from the engine. Jimmy slams on his breaks and puts the car in park.

“THAT'S BECCA!”

We jump out of the car and run over to the scene. I let out a scream as I see my best friend unconscious and bleeding out profusely.

“Jimmy we need to call 911 right now!”
“I'm on it.”

He takes out his phone and dials the police. I walk closer to the car and see that Becca's clutching her purse in her hand. There's blood pouring out of her face, neck, and upper torso. It looks as if the glass punctured her pretty bad. I feel tears beginning to sting my eyes and try to stay as calm as possible. Jimmy comes running over and guides me away from the car.

“The ambulance and stuff are on their way. We need to stand back so when they get here they can get her out immediately.”
“Okay.”

I look up at him and can see that his eyes are all red. He looks so distressed and helpless knowing that he can't do anything to help her. I put my hand on his shoulder and give him the most reassuring smile I can give him at the moment.

“She'll be okay. As long as they get here quickly, I'm sure they can save her.”
“She's losing a lot of blood so fast,” he frowns.
“I know, but don't worry. That's what blood transfusions are for.”

After a minute or so an ambulance, firetruck, and a couple of police cruisers show up to the scene. The firefighters try putting the smoke out on her car before the entire car catches fire and the EMTs try getting her out of the windshield. A couple of policemen come over to us to question us about what happened.

“So you guys just recently found her like this?”
“Yes. Not even five minutes ago. We were all at a party and something happened that upset her so she stormed off and sped off in her car.”
“And how long ago was that?”
“About twenty minutes ago or so.”
“How far down is the house you came from?”
“About a mile down the road.”
“Do you know how fast she was driving?”
“It seemed as if she was going about 60 or 70.”
“So by the looks of it she's been here for a while.”
“I guess so.”
“Well the EMTs are working on getting her out of her windshield. By the looks of it it seems like she's stuck in there pretty good.”

I can see Jimmy frown and just look over towards Becca's car. The EMTs are trying to break more of the windshield to get her out. After they free her from the windshield they quickly load her into the ambulance and head to the hospital. One of the policemen call a tow truck to come pick up Becca's car and Jimmy and I head to the hospital. I take out my phone and call Matt. He answers after a few rings.

“Hey babe, what's up?”
“You need to gather the guys and get to the hospital now. Becca's in the hospital with serious injuries. She lost control of her car and smashed into a brick wall. She might not make it by the looks of it. She was bleeding pretty bad.”
“What?! Okay we're on our way.”
“Okay. I'll see you soon, babe.”
“Alright. I love you.”
“I love you too.”

I put my phone away and glance over at Jimmy. He looks so gloomy and depressed. I feel bad for him. I mean, she is my best friend, but she's the love of his life. I don't think he could handle losing her. When we get to the hospital we're told we need to stay in the waiting room. Jimmy does nothing but pace back and forth. I just sigh and sit down in a chair to read a magazine so I can get my mind off things. After a couple of minutes Matt and the guys come in and trailing after them is Katelyn. I jump off my seat and glare.

“You brought that cunt here?! She's the reason Becca's in this fucking predicament!”
“Excuse me? I had nothing to do with her crashing her car into a fucking brick wall!”
“Yes, but you're the one that got her all upset by being a fucking whore and hanging all over the man she's in love with!”
“Wait she's in love with me?”

I look over at Jimmy and nod.

“Obviously. You're the only reason why she came to the stupid ass party this dumb broad through.”
“Fuck you, Vicky.”
“No, fuck you. You need to keep your fucking hands to yourself and stop hanging all over men you have no right to fucking be all over! I swear if you ever touch Matt in any way I'll fucking rip your ugly little head off. Do you really think men find you attractive? You're fucking disgusting and probably have some type of STD by how many guys you've fucked.”
“You are a bitch you know that right?!”
“I'd rather be a bitch than be a whore.”
“Fuck you!”

She screeches and storms out of the waiting room. I just grumble and sit back down in my chair. Matt comes over and rubs my shoulder.

“Don't worry, babe. I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole. She only came because she wanted to see what was going on.”
“Well you should have told her to keep her whore ass home. No one wants her around. Not after what happened.”
“I'm sorry.”
“You should be.”

I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder. Brian, Johnny, and Zacky all sit down in chairs too while Jimmy still paces back and forth. I look up at him and frown.

“Jimmy you gotta calm down. Take a seat and wait for the doctor to come in and give us an update.”
“I can't. I get so fidgety and worked up when I'm worried.”
“Stress isn't going to help you at all, Jimmy.”
“I can't help it.”

He runs his fingers through his hair and sighs.

“I just want her to be okay.”
“I know you do. We all do. Becca is an important part of our lives. You just have to have faith that she'll be okay.”
“I do, I just...”

He just sighs and stops talking. I frown and hug Matt tightly, waiting for some news.

After what seems like hours a doctor comes into the waiting room. We all look up at him anxiously and he comes over to us.

“Are you guys here for Becca?”
“Yes. Is she okay?”
“Well, she lost so much blood that we weren't able to help her. She didn't make it. I'm sorry.”

I feel the blood drain from my face and I just start bawling. Matt pulls me to him and I bury my face in his chest. I just lost my fucking best friend since preschool! What the fuck am I supposed to do now?!

“Doc there's gotta be some way you can save her.”
“We tried every way possible, son. There's no way. I'm sorry, but she's not coming back.”

There's silence and then the doctor speaks.

“Are you able to contact her family?”
“Yeah. Yeah we can call them.”
“Okay. I truly am very sorry. There was just no way to save her with her injuries. They were too severe.”
“We understand. Thank you for trying,” Brian says.
“No problem. You guys try to have a good rest of the week okay?”
“We'll try.”

The doctor walks off and I continue crying into Matt's chest. I peak over at Jimmy and he's just on his knees, crying into his hands. Seeing that makes me cry even harder. I don't know what it's like to lose someone you're in love with and I hope I never do know what it's like. I could never live without Matt. It's just something I could never go through. After twenty minutes of sitting in silence the guys and I all decide to leave the hospital. Matt calls Becca's family to let them know about what happened and they sounded so horrendous. I feel so bad that they had to lose a child. That's another thing I couldn't bare to happen to me.

In the parking lot I meet Jimmy at his car.

“Jimmy I know this is terrible for you, but please for the sake of everyone don't do anything stupid. Becca wouldn't want you to harm yourself in any way.”
“I don't know what I'm supposed to do... I wanted to make her mine, but now I can't because that stupid bitch Katelyn ruined everything!”
“I'm sorry, Jimmy. I really am.”
“Katelyn knew I wanted to be with Becca. I had told her at the party and then she went and pulled that stunt and Becca must have saw. I hope that bitch has what's coming to her!”

He gets in his car and speeds off out of the hospital parking lot. Matt comes over to me and wraps his arms around my waist.

“I hope he doesn't do anything stupid.”
“He won't. I know Jimmy well enough to know he wouldn't do something like that. He's just upset is all. He'll be okay in time.”
“I hope so... I sure hope so.”

~4 months later. Jimmy's POV~

It's been about 4 months since Becca's accident and I still can't find myself to get over it. Becca was the love of my life and I lost her before I could even let her know. I never thought in a million years that anything would ever happen to such a sweet and loving girl like Becca. She never did anything bad in her life and now she's gone. She didn't deserve what happened to her and I feel like somehow it's my fault. I just wish I could go back and change the chain of events from that dreadful night. If Katelyn hadn't kissed me like the fucking whore that she is Becca wouldn't be gone right now. I miss her terribly and just want to hold her in my arms and tell her how much I love her. I'm visiting her grave right now and have a few gifts for her. When I near her grave, I kneel down and run my finger across her name on the tombstone.

“Hey Becca. I brought you a couple things. I brought you a dozen roses and I wrote you a little love letter. I'll read it to you before burying it in the ground with you.”

I set the roses against her stone before taking the letter out of my pocket and reading it aloud:

My dearest Becca,

It's been four months since I've seen your beautiful face and I miss seeing it every day. I have a picture of us that we took a while ago in my wallet and I stare at it for hours just reminiscing the moments we had shared together as friends. Every day I wish that we could have been together as a couple and think about what wonderful times we could have had together. I love you more than anything in this world and it kills me to know that we can't be together. Just know that one day we will be together again and we will be together for eternity. I miss you so much, Becca and I dream about you every night. Just know that I will never forget you. You will always be the love of my life and I will spend my life alone because I could never bring myself to be with anyone but you. I will see you on the other side, babygirl. I love you so much. Rest easy and wait for me at Heaven's Gates.

Love always,
Jimmy.

I fold the letter back up and dig a hole into the ground to place it inside. I put the dirt back in and make it nice and neat. I kiss the tips of my fingers and place them on her stone before standing up.

“I love you, Becca. I'll see you again soon.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys enjoyed it! Wipe those tears of yours. ;)