Status: the main course is jalex with a side dish of zian

May I Have This Dance?

[2] A Reckless & Romantic Rogue

--

Jack got ready for lessons on Wednesday afternoon. He was hoping and praying for a hot teacher, or at least a girl with a nice ass.

Jack walked into the building as usual, seeing Hayley mastering the splits, seeing Ariel fail at the Pas de Chat,seeing Jenna and Tay figuring out how high they could get their legs in the air, and how much eyeliner Oli could smear in one go. Those were the only girls Jack bothered to remember, in all honesty.

"I wonder who our new teacher is, hmm?" He heard someone say. And as if on cue, someone came rushing through the doors with a coffee cup in hand. This person, a man, was wearing black sweatpants, like Jack's, but the unknown person was wearing them probably a size smaller so they fit tighter.

He seemed rushed, the coffee nearly spilling as he ran to the corner of the room where Holly usually puts her things. And that's exactly what Jack didn't want to happen.

After he set his things down, he heard the dreaded words leave the mans mouth.

"Hello everyone! My name's Alexander, but you can call me Alex. I'll be your ballet instructor from now on." The man, now known as Alex, said brightly.

Jack internally groaned as all the other girls squeaked at the young man, hearing whispers of, "Ooh, I wonder if he's single."

Jack carried on with the lesson that day, but embarrassingly so. He failed on more than one occasion, mostly because his mind was focused on whether or not Vinny, Matt and Rian would make him carry on with the dare, regardless of gender.

See, Jack knew everything regarding romance when it came to women. But men, he knew little about. He was straight, for God's sakes, and he's supposed to make some guy fall for him?

Nice going, Jack.

--

"No, you have to carry through with this. A deal's a deal, we never specified gender." Rian said, clearly amused at Jack's mortified expression.

"Aw, come on man, this'll be good for you." Vinny said. "You can embrace your inner gay and figure out your real sexuality, 'cause we all know you are not totally straight."

"I don't need to question anything, fuckface. I know I like women." Jack replied grumpily. He took a sip of his water, setting it down carefully on a coaster. The man had been in a foul mood since lessons that afternoon.

"You could be bi, like Rian." Vinny said.

"Or pansexual." Matt offered.

"Nobody knows what that is, stop making shit up." Vinny laughed, despite Fkyzik's protests and offers of the definition.

"Whatever. I'll try and do it, but if he doesn't fall easily, I'm giving up." Jack said. That earned a few cheers, at the very least.

"Alright, alright, chill." Jack said. "Now go get me a beer."

--

"Step in, step out, step side, step side... And point." Alex said, studying each move of his student. "Perfect, Lacey. You did it!"

Lacey smiled disbelievingly. "Really? I did? Wow, thanks Alex, maybe you should show me again."

Alex looked a little embarrassed, but played it professionally. "If you need more practice, you can see me after class. Next?"

Jack watched as the girl, Lacey, walked away with a flirtatious glance at Alex. The raven haired man was next to practice what he knew in front of Alex, so he stepped in the middle of the room, clearly seeing his reflection in front of him.

"Why don't you start with first position." Alex offered, seeming surprisingly serious.

The dark haired man complied, getting into the standard position.

"Jack, heels should be touching. Arms more oval shaped." He reminded lightly.

Jack fidgeted under the man's gaze because he felt like he looked stupid. "I can't really-"

Alex reached out to move Jack's elbows up slightly to complete the circular shape. "Perfect. Now do the plié, but relax. One and two and three and four and. Good, again."

"Okay great, now do the rond de jambe à terre."

"Beautiful, great job. Now try and be graceful when you do a Geisha landing in the fifth position."

"Awesome. Now give me your best pas de chat."

And that's how classes that day went on that day, practicing constantly and feeling ridiculous, all to impress Alex.

For the sake of the dare, of course.

--

Rian was being a bitch about the dare and was like, "Hey bro, is he your boyfriend yet? Because it's been like, a month."

"No, I'm waiting for the right moment. I don't want it to be awkward, you know?" Jack said to Rian through the phone.

"Well hurry it up."

"I dunno, man. I just feel like it's an inopportune time. He's busy with other students." Jack complained to his friend.

"Since when have you been worried about 'inopportune times,' you freak bitch?" Rian mocked.

There was background noise before Jack spoke again. "Whatever. I've gotta to, classes start in like, twenty minutes. I'm gonna get there early so I can start making my move on this Gaskarth guy."

"Alright, good luck to you, man."

--

Jack walked into the increasingly familiar building, inhaling the scent of wood polish and an old woman's perfume. Some of the girls were already in class, but most of them arrived five minutes before, rather than fifteen like Jack.

He was unsurprised to see that Alex was not there, so Jack just talked to Ariel, who had surprisingly similar music tastes. Jack had only been talking to her for merely five minutes until he heard the sound of a door open.

Out of the door came Alex, complete with his usual attire and coffee in hand. His blond-brown hair was gently tousled from the wind, bangs lying messily across his forehead.

He saw Alex from across the room and waited a second until their eyes met. Jack decided to give him a quick, flirtatious wink and a mischievous grin.

Alex looked taken aback for a moment, looking behind him just to see if Jack was directing the wink to someone else. But sure enough, it was meant for Alex.

Jack approached the man swiftly, saying, "Alex, I wanted to talk to you for a second."

"Actually," Alex said, seriousness clouding his features. "I wanted to speak with you as well."

Jack wasn't expecting that too much, but he nodded. "Sure, you go first."

Alex looked around quickly, noticing more students entering the building, so he beckoned Jack to follow him into the break room, down the hallway. It was more secluded than the main dance area, and Jack had no clue where this was going.

Once Alex decided that they were in a good enough spot, he said, "Jack, I'm not accusing you of anything, nor am I assuming you do this, but I have had many guys hit on me and join my classes so they can flirt with me."

Jack didn't exactly know how to respond, and he still wasn't sure where this conversation was headed.

"In all the years I've been a ballet teacher," Alex continued, "I can honestly say that almost all of my male students have acted indecently, and in return, I have to ask them to request for a different teacher. And don't even get me started about girls."

"So..." Jack said, but Alex continued speaking.

"My point is, if your seeking something like that from me, I am not interested." Alex said, firmly and defiant. He was devout in his ways, clearly.

Jack just nodded defeatedly and promised that it wasn't like that.

By the way, Jack is a fucking liar.

--
♠ ♠ ♠
i had a vocal recital last night so i couldnt update but i sang a panic at the disco song so like thats fun