Status: the main course is jalex with a side dish of zian

May I Have This Dance?

[3] The Edge Of A Fine Line

--

After Jack and Alex's little chat two weeks ago, Jack had sort of just decided that he was going to bail on this dare. Alex was going to take a lot of work, and Jack wanted and easy catch, preferably, someone with a vagina as well.

Jack had been neglecting his practices because really, he only practiced in the first place to impress Alex, but that was a throw away plan now. This caused Jack to do a poor job on most of the things Alex had asked him to do in class.

"Alright, position three, go." Alex said.

Jack stood frozen, racking his brain for details on what the fucking hell position three was. He did what he could remember.

"No Jack, that's position five. We want three, ready? One and two and three and four and."

If ballet classes were like school classes, Jack would be failing them. He would be in detention and expelled, and his parents would see his report card and tell him that he was never going to another school dance again. That's how bad Jack was doing.

Because of that, it wasn't too surprising to hear Alex's voice after class say, "Jack, can I talk to you?"

They went back to the break room (which, at this point, was more of Alex's second bedroom) and discussed why Jack was doing so bad.

"I'm just really stressed out." Jack lied, sighing and trying to seem sad. "I made a goal with my friends and I told them that I was going to have a boyfriend by next week for a party and I still haven't gotten one. Because of that, I haven't had time to practice..."

Alex felt bad for the man. He had certainly been in a situation like that before, so he said with a serious lack of confidence, "I'll do it."

Jack looked up in faux surprise. "Really? You'd do that for me?" In all honesty, Jack hadn't actually thought Alex would fall for that. That's the oldest trick in the book.

"I'd do it if you wanted me to." Alex shrugged, trying to keep it cool but Jack saw right through him.

"Wow, thank you, Alex!" Jack said, jumping and clapping his hands. He mentally cringed when he noticed his voice pitch getting higher and could only imagine how stupid he looked. "Your a life saver."

Alex looked embarrassed, but laughed it off. "Yea, I'm glad to help."

--

Jack was sitting with his back against the concrete wall of the dance studio. His cigarette was placed in his mouth as he took a drag, exhaling the smoke through his mouth.

It wasn't often that he smoked, only sometimes. He was startled out of his peacefulness when heard his phone ring.

"And then I saw her standing there, with green eyes and long blonde hair, she wasn't wearing underwear, at least I prayed-"

"Hey Rian." Jack said, putting out the last of his cigarette.

"Hey dude. You coming to my party on Saturday, right?"

"Course, Dawson. And I'm bringing my date." Jack said.

"Seriously? You got Gaskarth to go with you? Shit, man. Then how's your plan going along?"

Jack usually didn't lie, but he kind of had to because Alex was, after all, going to the party as Jack's fake boyfriend when Rian and the other guys thought that Alex was his real boyfriend.

"The plan is going great, Dawson. I've got Alex wrapped around my finger." Jack smirked.

Little did he know, Alex was walking out of the building when Rian had called Jack.

Alex heard every word from Jack that was never intended for his ears.

--
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this chapter is short but i wanted to separate it okay there will be jalex soon i swear jfc