Status: the main course is jalex with a side dish of zian

May I Have This Dance?

[6] I Will Not Let Pride Destroy Me

It was stupid how long Jack took to get ready. He had to fix his hair perfectly, he had to smell good, he had to wear the right clothes, it was ridiculous.

He had already picked Alex up at his house and they drove to a fancy little resturant on the edges of town. Alex looked nice with his black shirt, black jeans and skinny white tie, a white studded playing peek-a-boo every so often. If Jack were actually into dick, he'd probably fuck him. But he's not, so that wouldn't happen.

They'd be on a double date with Rian and Alex's friend Cassidee, who was a student in one of his past contemporary ballroom classes when he taught jazz and choreography.

When the two men got there, Rian and new his lady friend/blind date were already there, one drinking a martini and the other content with a water with a lemon wedge. Cassidee was wearing a beautiful white dress, lacey and almost shimmery in color. If Jack wasn't on a date with someone else, he'd ask for her number.

Jack acted gentlemanly with the way he pulled out the chair for Alex and let him order first. The elder blushed every time Jack leaned over and whispered a compliment in his ear, or held his hand under the table. Jack felt a little guilty for leading him on, but it was all in good fun.

"We asked for a new waiter because this one kept hitting on Cassidee, but they're taking forever." Rian said. He was sitting straight, martini in hand. Cassidee looked at him and smiled pleasingly. Rian smiled back.

About five minutes later, someone approached their table, saying, "Hey guys, my name is Zachary and I'll be your waiter for this evening." He was by their table suddenly and smiling widely. "I could get you started off with some appitizers or drinks when your ready."

Rian didn't bother to look up, just continued to read through the menu in search of an appitizer. Once Jack, Alex and Cassidee said whatever they wanted, Rian looked up at the waiter and instantly regretted it.

Zachary smiled and waited, pen and paper in hand. "What can I get for you?"

Rian was one second away from saying, 'Can I get your cock in my mouth, please?' but he refrained from doing so. He just couldn't help but stare at this man. His golden brown hair was straight, though it was starting to curl. His golden nose ring glistened and his muscles were visible because of the short sleeves. Rian was going to die

"Um. I'll get um, a water. A glass of it. Of the water. In a glass. Please." Rian awkwardly fumbled for words and also thanked the universe for changing their waiter because the new guy was absolutely beautiful.

Under the table, Jack texted Rian a message saying, 'I know a crush when I see one, big boy,' to which Rian kicked him. Alex and Cassidee looked a bit curious but they both brushed it off.

Rian excused himself for a minute, getting up to go the bathroom. He was more likely to jerk off really quick rather than piss, but on his way there, he ran into him.

"Oh, wait wait wait. Uh, Zachary?" Rian said, quickly and awkwardly, trying to get his attention.

"Yes?" The waiter turned around and said, black uniform fucking clinging to his strong body.

Rian briefly noted several pins on the black apron tied around his waist, one of them being an LGBT pin, rainbow and all. This gave him a boost of confidence as he asked, "Can I maybe get your number?"

Zachary smiled shyly, took a pen from his apparent writing utensil collection pocket located in his apron and said, "Your hand?"

Rian put his hand out and briefly noted that this waiter was left handed as he lifted the thick, black bracelet Rian was wearing. He wrote his number underneath something that looked a lot like, 'Zackyyy <3 ' in girly writing. Rian lifted the bracelet down so it hid the writing on his wrist and smiled. "Thank you."

"I hope your date doesn't mind." Zachary said, and walked away.

--

So maybe Jack got a little bit nervous on the date with Alex. It was his first date with a man, after all. That being said, he drank a lot of alcohol.

He wasn't drunk enough to be dancing on the tables, but he was drunk enough to slur constantly and lose his balance when he wasn't even moving. He fell out of his chair twice. Oops.

Alex surprisingly wasn't embarrassed, just laughed along and offered to buy him another drink. Things got a little messed up after the sixth strong drink or so.

"Lexy Lexy Lexy." Jack chanted, his chair an inch away from hitting Alex's own. He leaned in, leaned out, rocking on the two legs of the chair.

"What is it, Jack?" Alex said, with a hint of amusement. They were both done with dinner by now, just getting the bills and the younger whipped out a credit card before Alex could even offer to pay.

"I'm like, not even gay." Jack slurred, waving his arms wildly. Rian noticed what he had said and kicked him, because telling the truth would ruin the dare, duh.

"Are you bisexual, then?" Alex asked curiously. Zachary came by and grabbed both bills, but not before tracing his fingers over Rian's hand when Cassidee wasn't looking.

"Nope. That's why it's funny I'm on a date with you." The younger said.

Alex let that sink in his sober brain for a moment too long. "So why are you taking me out?" There was a hint of hurt or betrayal in his voice.

"Okay, I think it's time we head home." Rian cut in, standing up and ushering Jack to do the same before he spilled out the truth.

Rian drove home thinking about Zachary, even though Cassidee was in the seat next to him. Alex drove home with Jack passed out in the backseat, wondering why the young man pretended to be interested in him if he wasn't even into men.

They're were a lot of things going on behind turned backs.

--

When dance lessons rolled around, Jack was nervous. He remembered what he had said to Alex on the date, and it didn't help that Rian kept reminding him about it. He knew he was a careless drunk, so why he drank was beyond him.

When he walked into the dance room, he felt like all eyes were on him, even though they weren't. Hayley was busy talking to Oli, who apparently got a new tattoo on her ass, and everybody else was minding their business, talking about the weekends and old friends and doesn't this color look amazing on me?

He saw Alex in the corner with his headphones in, stretching and doing various warm-ups. Jack nervously approached him, trying to figure out what to say regarding what he had said on the date.

"Hey, Alex." Jack smiled at him, leaning up against the wall a bit and avoiding the rail. "So about the other night..."

"Jack, I don't care about your excuses. You played me, its not like that's never happened a thousand times before. I just thought you were better than that." He looked into Jack's eyes, "Guess I was wrong."

The younger sighed heavily. "It's not like that."

"No, I don't want to hear your shit." Alex said, clearly frustrated, though kept his tone low for the sake of avoiding making a scene. "I actually started to like you, I thought you were different. I don't anymore. I'm done falling for straight men."

He could tell that Alex was getting bitter, so Jack simply said, "Text me if you wanna know the truth behind my words," and pressed his lips to the elder's stubbly cheek.

With that, he walked away and waited for class to start.
♠ ♠ ♠
um yea sorry for slow updates