Status: My summer project - in progress

Opposites Attract

2

A few hours into the journey we got a text from Mum saying to pull over at the next services. We pulled over and a few minutes later Mum arrived with her troops and a rather green looking John. She hopped out tugging John out just in time for him to vomit all over the car park. Amelie squealed and everyone rolled their eyes.

"Turns out someone is travel sick," Mum sighed. "We might as well find somewhere to eat and rest for a while."

"Hey, me and Eli can go see if they've got any travel pills in the service station? And you guys can get us some food from one of the fast food places?" I offered, looking to Elliot for agreement. He nodded and I took his arm leading him away from our overgrown family.

"I hate travelling with Squirt Two, she's a pain in the arse," he sighed. "If I have to listen to One Direction one more time, I'm tossing her out the window." I laughed and punched his shoulder.

"Be nice to your little sister Elliot," I winked.

We walked around the shop inside the service station looking for travel pills and found travel wristbands instead. "Will these do?" I showed them to Elliot and he nodded. We paid for the wristbands and went to find out parents. They were sitting in KFC, we went and sat with them, clearly KFC is the cheapest fast food for such a large family. We gave John a wristband and then started eating at rushed pace. We still had to make it to the induction event, which starts in three hours.

We rushed out of the service stations and hopped back into the cars, Dad pulled away first with Mum in close pursuit. "So are you excited? We're getting close now Faye!" Dad grinned in the rear view mirror.

"I'm still nervous I guess." I shrugged.

"What's there to be nervous of all you have to do is wail at people and play your bass. There's nothing difficult about that." Amelie tossed her hair behind her shoulder and rolled her eyes in amusement.

"I'd like to see you get into this college with a FULL scholarship, including boarding. Then you can say I have no reason to be nervous. Plus people will probably be arsey that I'm there on a scholarship to start with. You know what certain people are like right Eli?" I winked.

"Yeah TOTAL stuck up bitches." He shook his head in mock disgust and I burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" Amelie frowned.

"They can be total idiots too, don't forget." Even Dad was laughing now. Amelie was always more of a Mummy's girl then Daddy's little princess, Dad's favourite was easily Paula. She was only ever nice to him and as a result he spoilt her.

I wonder what life would be without me living in the house. Would they miss me at all? I think Elliot will at least, and Tommy misses all of us lately. Will it be weird without me? It'd be quieter for sure. I'm the cause of the houses noise pollution. Always have been. Apparently I was a screamer as a child, I wish I could scream now, maybe I could be in a metal band then.

- - - - - -

We finally made it to the college just in time for the induction and a tour, turns out I wasn't the only one who brought the whole family along for the trip. Several people had even brought grandparents with them.

"Hello welcome to Langway College of The Arts!" A cheery looking student wearing a vest with 'Student Guide' printed across it. "I'm Bonnie and you can ask me for anything you need! I'm going to show you around the college and get you used to your surroundings, then I'll help you carry your stuff to your dorm and introduce you to your dorm mates. I'll leave you to settle in and then collect you to take you to the cafeteria for dinner." She explained. She looked worriedly from me, to Eli and then at Amelia. "Uhm, I hate to sound rude, but who's attending the College?"

Eli and Amelia both pointed at me and I blushed raising my hand. "That's me, I'm Faye Moors." She smiled and nodded looking down at the iPad in her hand and typing something.

"Right! That's you all checked in. You're here on an all expenses paid scholarship? Woah, you must be talented." She looked at me in awe. "Anyway, let's go have a look around shall we? Your family are tagging along too right?" I nodded my confirmation. "Fantastic, right this way Faye." She grinned.

She led us to the West of the building explaining that she'd start and finish at the dorms. "There are two dorm buildings, one for the boys and one for the girls, you can wander wherever but rooms are constantly supervised and girls and boys should not be in each others rooms, common areas however are allowed." I nodded and she pointed out that the two buildings were opposite.

"You've got one of the best rooms on the first floor, the window allows you to see across into the boys dorms," she winks.

"Oh... uh, awesome?" I smiled nervously.

"Now, your room is the first floor but I'll take you there when we collect your stuff after looking around. I'll show you the common rooms now." She led us into the building on the left and up one flight of stairs. "Now the common room is pretty small but it has a lot in it." She opened the door and my mouth gaped open.

There was a fucking rock climbing wall in there as well as a flat screen TV mounted on the wall. There was a pool table and a room at the back as well. "What's back there?" Paula quizzed looking curious.

"Oh a mini recording studio, and a practice room for the dancers and actors to perform." My eyes widened.

"Seriously!?" I grinned at Elliot. "Now I'm excited." He laughed and shook his head at me.

"I'm jealous," he winked.

I smiled and Bonnie led us away from the common room and towards a different block. "Now you're doing music... yes?" She asked.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Awesome! Same as me! I know all about the music block so we'll head there now." Bonnie took us to a modern looking building and led the way inside. "There are a lot of teachers in each block. All the core subjects are in every building and each block is specific to one art form, there's art, dance, drama, music and musical theatre." I nodded in reply. "So this will be the only block you see the inside of day in day out so get used to it."

"What about the rest of the campus then? Do I not need to go anywhere else?" I asked.

"Only the cafeteria and the auditorium. That's where competitions are held, there's a huge stage and plenty of seats for your family." She gestured to my mini crew who have been unusually quiet. "Any questions before we move on? The rooms here are all labelled and I'll give you your timetable and map when your parents, siblings and boyfriend have gone." She nodded towards Elliot.

"I'm her brother," he laughed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry you two look nothing alike! The others I see resemblance in but yeah," She murmured.

"I'm a half sibling that's why," he grinned. "I'm Dad's slip of the condom."

"Elliot!" Mum protested but Bonnie was laughing at blushing. Trust Elliot to flirt with the first girl he sees at a place he'll never visit again (most likely).

"Anyway, we'll head to the main building then I'll show you your room and leave you guys to say goodbye and for Faye to settle in before I come and lead her to dinner and the welcome presentation."

Bonnie quickly showed us the main building, which was smaller than the music block but still huge size wise. She led us back to the dorms and showed me my room with the promised view of the guys dorms across the narrow path between them. There was a large oak tree planted to the right and slightly obscuring the view.

"You ready to settle in Squirt One?" Elliot grinned.

"Hells yeah I am!" I grinned back.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I wrote two chapters in a day o.o Yay!