Feel Me

Home of the Badgers

First day jitters always seem to be a problem for most kids, myself included. New student, new school. Of course they have jitters, but why me? I've been in the same school district ever since preschool, and they're just now starting. They felt somewhat different than usual jitters. More like butterflies.

Franklin Trapp High School, home of the Badgers, appeared in the distance. Jade was telling me about her latest break-up, and how much of an ass the guy was. She wasn't even torn up about it. No tears, nor heartbreaks. Just the usual bashing. I swear she had a new boyfriend, or fling as I call it, every week. It's been that way for her since puberty. She has the perfect breasts, and a curvy figure. Let's not forget how beautiful she is. She's absolutely flawless. She can have whatever guy she chooses. She acts as though she needs a guy to be happy.

Me, well, I'm the total opposite of her. I have a boyish figure, which includes no curves at all. I have barely any breasts at all. I'm tall. Not abnormally tall, thank god for that, but I am quite tall. That's pretty much my only strong point. I'm not the prettiest girl out there, either. I don't see myself as ugly, more average than anything else.

“Ben, snap out of it.” Jade spoke, snapping her forefinger and thumb together. I jumped only slightly as I noticed we were already parked.

“Sorry.” I apologized. I usually wasn't caught in my daydreams, but today I wasn't as lucky. She simply rolled her eyes, putting the situation behind us. She took her lip gloss from her purse, applying a few dabs to each lip in her rear view mirror. She smacked her lips together, twisted the cap, and threw the container back into her purse.

She looked back to me, “Ready?” she asked me, throwing a grin my way.

No. “Of course.” I lied, tucking my dull hair behind ear. Jade opened her door, stepping out into the sunlight. I did the same, pushing the door closed with a light force. I glanced down at my clothes, wishing I had spent a little more time in choosing them. I shrugged, following closely behind Jade's clacking heels.

Colten trudged his way over, meeting us in the middle of the parking lot. His jeans were large, scrapping against the ground behind him. He never really wore clothes that fit him, seeing as they were hand-me-downs from his two older brothers. On the bright side, for him anyway, his shirt actually fit today. It looked somewhat new, meaning he had a trip to the local thrift shop. His family wasn't the richest in town.

“Hey ladies.” he mumbled, tiredly. He took a sip of the drink he held in his hands.

“Morning.” Jade replied, cheerfully. Colten offered her a drink, but she refused, giving a face.

“How 'bout you, Bens? Want some?” I gratefully accepted but regretted the size of the drink as I choked half of it back up. I returned the cup back to him, coughing a little more. Colten simply laughed, finding humor in my mistake. I glared at him.

“Oh, c'mon, it was funny.” he said, looking at me before quickly turning his gaze towards Jade. Jade gave him a stern look as is she were saying, 'Shut up, moron.' He, thankfully, shut up.

The school building continued to get closer as we made our way towards it. I took my time walking, knowing I would dread it the minute I walked into the building. Feet pattered the concrete behind me, as if someone were running. I heard a boy yell before I hit the pavement. I felt my knee scrape the pavement, thanking God that the school hadn't switched the parking lot to gravel. My chin hit the ground shortly after my knee, resulting in another scrape. It was just an accident, I thought as I rolled over.

I sat up, dusting my clothes off. I groaned as I looked at my jeans, which were now completely ruined at the knees. Only one I looked up to see Tyler Drake smirking, confirming that it was no accident at all.

“Watch it, freak.” he yelled, looking down at me. I looked away from him, biting back the clever retort that I was dying to say. I refused to get caught up in Tyler's drama this year. I knew as soon as I would have said what I was thinking, I would've been on his radar. I couldn't have that again this year. Not after last year. Let's put it this way; Tyler was a ten year old stuck in a seventeen year old's body.

“I'm sorry. I should have watched where I was going.” I replied through gritted teeth. He laughed, and shortly after, so did his gang. His gang consisted of egotistical, ignorant jocks. Most of them barely had passing grade of a D-minus, and if you asked them what pi was, they'd simply answer with, “A pastry.” They were all complete idiots. Not Tyler, though. I swear he surrounded himself with blockheads in order to make himself feel smarter.

Tyler, thankfully, left it at that. I closed my eyes as I started to pull myself up to a standing position. Before I could do so, I felt a pair of arms lift me. My eyes widened, and instantly, I turned around to come face-to-face with a boy. He was obviously older than me, but I'd never actually seen him before. His jet back hair poured over his forehead messily. His piercing green eyes were looking directly at me. He smiled. He had a perfect smile, too.

I looked away as soon as I realized that I was pretty much gawking at him. I gulped, knowing I should thank him, but I couldn't seem to get the two simple words to flow from my mouth.

I opened my mouth, still looking away, “I-uh, thank you.” I whispered, figuring that was all I could do. He took a tissue from his back pocket, turning my face toward him before he gently wiped at my chin. Why is he being so nice? I couldn't help but stare as he aided to my wound.

“Finished,” he started, putting the bloody tissue back into his pocket, “and no problem. I hate to see anyone bullied.” he finished. I took a step back, realizing that we were closer than two strangers probably should have been.

“It's Wyatt, by the way, “ he said, before continuing on to his introduction, “Wyatt Saunders.” He held his hand out for me to shake.

“Uh, Bentley Jameson.” I said, shaking his hand lightly. He smiled at me again, before he shook his head.

“You a senior, too?” he asked me,and I shook my head. Jade butted me out of the way, taking his hand forcefully, shaking it in the process.

“She's a junior, and so am I.” she spoke way that seemed somewhat flirty. “I'm Jade. This is Colten.” she finished by nodding her head in the way of Colten.

“It's nice to meet the both of you” he replied, shaking Jade's hand the same way he had mine. I turned my gaze to the ground, knowing that she would start her flirt fest.

“I hate to cut this short, but I have some papers to fill out.” Wyatt said, smiling once again at the group. He left with a subtle nod as a goodbye.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll go ahead and admit that this is indeed cliche. No need to tell me. You can blame that on the Korean music that I was listening to while writing this. It's from a drama, and most of their drama's are completely cliche.

I hope you guys enjoy this. I know, it's short, but I couldn't exactly think of anything to write. That, and it's currently almost two o'clock in the morning. I'll make the next chapter longer.

Comment, subscribe, recommended. Thanks.