Status: On hiatus. Have no fear! It'll still be written eventually...

Awaiting Redemption

Prologue

I sat in the backseat of my mother's Packard as we slowly drove out of the crowded parking structure. In the driver seat, she was sobbing rather loudly while the voice of Frank Sinatra attempted to calm her down... yet again.

He wanted thrills, she wanted love...

Like the loving and caring daughter I was, I rolled my eyes. If she hadn't realized that my father was an ultimate bastard the 17th time he had dumped her, then bring on the 18th. Suddenly, I hear more cars honking, louder sobs coming from my mom, and the screeching of a couple hundred tires on the cement floor. Everything had become louder, and as this fact registered in my mind, so did another: I had been summoned back to Narnia.

This would have been the third time I had been in Narnia, it had become an annual thing for me... sort of.

The first time I discovered Narnia was during the spring holidays, when my Dad took me to Germany. I ran into a wall and somehow transported into the Western Woods of Narnia. This was when I first met the Pevensies', one of which I fell in love with.

My second time back was purely coincidental. I was at my friend's birthday pool party and when I went to slide down the inflatable slide, I landed on a frozen lake. Needless to say, I was freezing my chilly ass off. However, Aslan had arranged my arrival specifically for a purpose: to aid in the defense of Narnia against the evil Telmarines. I failed to be of any assistance, and to this day, I still regret the decisions that were made on the day of that bloody battle.

It seemed as if time was moving quickly and the floor of the car was being sucked into the core of the Earth. My mom, still sobbing and sadly singing along to the song playing on the radio, didn't notice a thing. I smiled.

Now, my time has come again. I pencil-dived down the hole in the Earth and awaited the welcoming that I was sure to receive. After all, why else would I have been called back if not out of need? Why, I do not know... shall we find out?
♠ ♠ ♠
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, PLEASE.