Status: On hiatus. Have no fear! It'll still be written eventually...

Awaiting Redemption

Call N' Return

Image
banner made by mandabear_xx

"What do you mean that the power of the Narnians will not be enough?" I asked, concerned.

Aslan ambled on, dodging roots that were sticking up out of the ground and branches that were hanging abnormally low. I followed.

We walked for what seemed like hours on end, crossing various plains, gorges, and rivers.

Amidst all this, we also crossed the paths of creatures I haven't seen in a very long time and was unbelievably happy to see once again.

I am a little sad to say that during this walk, I found that I had never felt more at home than what I felt just then.

Ironic, because I had a feeling that most people who heard the tales of the Old Narnians didn't want me here.

I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts by Aslan's booming voice.

"After you left, the Narnians quickly lost faith and the Telmarines had no reason to be afraid. The Narnians were murdered relentlessly until they were out of the Telmarines' sight. The few who managed to escape retreated into the woods and afterward, the Telmarines built their kingdom upon Narnian soil. There, they ruled the land as no Narnian king would, and the magic, hope, and love of the land was lost. Narnia remained in such a state until only a little while ago."

Aslan glanced my way and I quickly understood the hidden message that was floating in his eyes: the Pevensies' had come to save Narnia, and they had succeeded. I nodded slightly in comprehension and Aslan continued.

"But, as you know, I left immediately after the coronation of the Kings and Queens of old to take care of some business. When I returned, the trees were silenced and the magic gone."

He stopped in an oval clearing somewhere in the woods, and I came to a halt beside him. Nothing was said for a good two minutes, and then, out of the blue, I hugged him.

Out of everything one can encounter in Narnia, Aslan was the one that I missed the most. His guidance and words of wisdom that were provided for me time after time was what led me to believe in life itself. In case you haven't caught on, my home wasn't a very nice and reassuring place to be, and so having another place to hold dear to my heart was liberating, to say the least.

Aslan made Narnia kind of like a second home to me, with him playing the older brother part. And if you were gone from your home for 300 years, you'd hug Aslan too.

Aslan simply laughed and I snuggled further into his mane. Finally, I pulled away and settled for rubbing my hand down the bridge of his nose.

"Andrea, you know that I have brought you back here for a reason."

I sighed and nodded.

"You should begin training again, and start your thinking. Tomorrow-"

"Aslan," I interrupted him, "I want to know how the Pevensies' saved Narnia this time around."

And then a twig cracked. My head swiftly turned and I went to step in front of Aslan, arming myself with Rhindon, which I had still been carrying. I noted that this whas was a pretty foolish move, but it had already been done. I laughed at myself on the inside and then Aslan spoke, "I think we have your answer, Andrea. Come out, you two."
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading. GO COMMENT and tell me what you thought of this chapter (don't worry, Caspian will be back soon.)

and also, go listen to Brat Pack by the Rocket Summer. that song has made me happy today and is currently on repeat for me.