Status: On hiatus. Have no fear! It'll still be written eventually...

Awaiting Redemption

I Met My Best Friend In Prague

I woke up to the sound of someone rustling through my armoire. I shot up from the bed, only to see a housemaid hanging up a collection of dresses and other articles of clothing. I raised an eyebrow and slowly laid back down on the bed.

On my mind was a dream I had the previous night. It was sort of like a deja vu experience. It was extremely real, but not an actual experience that I've had. I was trapped on a riverbank and Geneva saved me with her vines. From what, I don't know. Or maybe she was pulling me to my death. I didn't really know what her motive was, and that startled me.

When the lady left, I got up and bounced over to the closet. There must have been at least 20 outfits shoved into the thing. I smiled and started looking around for the washroom. After I had freshened up, I changed into a green gown and decided to let my hair dry naturally. I placed Peter's necklace back around my neck and looked at myself in the mirror.

Minutes later I found myself wandering the halls of the castle. Amazed by the artwork and the intricate designs embedded into the wall, I stepped on something... that moved. I looked down and saw a mouse looking back at me, clutching his tail protectively.

Yes, a mouse.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry!" I apologized, coming to the conclusion that I had stepped on his tail

The mouse swiftly released his tail and bowed.

"No worries, Lady Andrea, it is about time we meet. Dare I say you look better today than you did before. Though, I wonder if your swordsmanship is effected any by a skirt of such length."

I looked down and shook my head.

"I doubt it. Perhaps, we will find out one day. Your name, noble mouse?"

"Reepicheep."

I tilted my head. "Reepicheep, I've heard great things about you and your rapier. Hopefully, I will have you and your comrades fighting beside me on the battlefield soon, rather than against me."

Reepicheep bowed and spoke, "It would be my honor, Dame Andrea. Now, if you don't mind, I shall leave to tend to my duties."

I nodded and continued on my way. Up ahead there was a courtyard, adorned with a simple fountain featuring a centaur and a sun, and a bench right in front of it. And on the bench, was Prince Caspian, with his head in his hands and his eyes clenched shut.

I frowned and walked to sit beside him. As soon as I sat, his eyes softened out and a lone tear fell down his cheek. We sat in silence til midday, and then he was ready to talk.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscribe. that's all i ask :]
and i'm gone to alaska until the 18th. so leave me lovely messages to come back to! :]