Status: Enjoy reading

The Second Step: Sophomore Year

Turkey Day

A lot has been going on in my life recently. I have found that attitude plays a huge role in the outcome of this mess. This was very true during the events of this past week's Thanksgiving Vacation.

At the start of the week basketball wasn't looking too bright, even though I am for sure on Varsity. Coach was yelling at me way more than usual over nothing, and another sophomore got moved up to Varsity. I have had huge problems with this person who has bullied me and caused problems on every team I have played on with him. He even got cut from JV for having a bad attitude, but for some reason our coach wanted him. We had our first competition this past Saturday in a scrimmage/tournament. I was incredibly nervous going into it, so I decided to vent a little and write down how I was feeling. This lightened my load and allowed me to think more positively. So going into our four games I performed very well. I played great on defense and in the final scrimmage, when I finally took some opportunities offensively, I put some steals and points on the board. We have another game coming tomorrow, Monday, but I am faithful it will go well.

I've heard some rumors about myself and my kinda-sorta-girlfriend. These came from my ex-bestfriend and were very shocking. I was very weighed down by this news and was fairly confused. Then, a few days ago, I watched a philosophy video about Aristotle. Through this I gained much retrospective. It allowed me to think of my current situation and my recent thoughts with much clarity. One very interesting point I learned was that love meant admiration for another person. This means you see a quality in someone else that maybe you lack, so you spend time with them in the hopes of improving yourselves collectively. These ideas really influenced me to think clearly. And so I removed most of the negativity residing in my mind.

I went on another date with my kinda-sorta-gf tonight and it felt good to unwind. We watched the Theory of Everything which was the very inspiring love/life story of Stephen and Jane Hawking. The film was good, but it was also good to spend some time with this girl. I feel that eventually we will need to DTR. But I wouldn't know what to say. I'm not really sure what I am looking for. Either way this is a minor problem that can be solved easily.

Things are really looking up. Life is very confusing to me and I have a hard time deciding fully what my purpose is and where my journey is leading. But for now I will enjoy the upswing.