Status: Enjoy reading

The Second Step: Sophomore Year

Dia Uno

Well today was my first day of my Sophomore year of HS. Despite all the dread I held prior to today, it actually turned out pretty good. I have plenty of old friends in my classes, and made some new ones too. Also, everyone just feels less uptight socially compared to last year. I'm not really sure why, but everyone seemed friendlier. Some of the freshmen can get on my nerves, but other than that I'm content with everything else. All social and friend issues/arguments I have dealt with in the past seem to have vanished and I'm very thankful for that. I'm starting my first IB class this year and I hope that and all my other classes go as planned and I get As. The only things still nagging at me include still having to speak with my counselor about taking Stat and Econ the upcoming summer, needing to start looking into the college and career center and continuing the search for scholarships, and also a friend and I are starting a new club which I'm pretty excited about. We are planning to name it "Chance" and it will be a non-profit organization supporting a few local foster homes. This will probably need a lot of commitment, but I'm ready for the task. This year might be daunting, but hopefully also promising.

One day down, many more to go.