Status: Enjoy reading

The Second Step: Sophomore Year

Catching up

So here I am going into my third week of school... and I guess its time that I update this story. Where to begin? Well first of all lets start with school.

As for academics, I have been excelling as I did last year. I got 100% on my first IB HL math chapter test while most of the class failed it. Thats a plus. My other classes are also going well. English, Spanish, history, and chemistry are all going as planned (except I have a bad feeling about my history teacher). I have really been excelling in ceramics, even though I never intended on being in that class initially, and I have become pretty good friends with these junior girls. The club idea, "Chance," has been progressing albeit slowly. And overall al of this has been going pretty well.

Next up, sports.. Well I started cross country last week and at the first practice I was under the impression that the top 7 boys runners are on vars. Because of this I felt fairly confident during these first few days of practice as I believe I've established myself as the 6th best runner on the team. Despite this coach still hasn't put me on the gold (varsity) practice squad. I gotta admit this kinda pissed me off because I know I'm faster than some on that team. But I guess I'll just try to keep cool until he probably will move me up as the season continues. Also, despite what the basketball coach had said over the summer, he still hasn't emailed anyone about practicing or conditioning. But I heard from someone that coach is planning to have me as the only sophomore on vars so I don't think I need to impress him at practice anymore. I don't know what it is, but I have felt tremendous drive recently pertaining to sports. Maybe its because I have been listening to a bunch of eric thomas videos haha. But I really I've been like running 6 miles a day over the weekend, running sand dunes with a guy I train with, and doing lots of work to get in overall better shape. So thats been going good.

And finally, social life.. I still hang with my group of friends during school and thats all good and fine. As for outside of school, my old best friend (now reinstated) and I have been hanging out a ton and I'm always pretty much happy when I'm around her. I may or may not have feelings for her, probably not but you never know. As for my other friends, I don't hang with them as much. This is due to a few things; I am usually really busy, they annoy the crap out of me sometimes etc.. But for real, most people are soooo hypocritical and stereotypical and cliquey its just ridiculous. Sometimes I feel regretful that I sacrifice time to relax and connect with others instead to do things to prepare for my future, then other times I'm like nah I don't care haha. Also sometimes I feel slightly shunned every once in a while, but its just small things like not being invited to something or stuff like that. Sometimes I wish I had closer friends. Also sometimes I wish I had a girlfriend. Like its not that I don't have the means to get into a relationship, its just the timing and feelings never seem right. I really want to be into a girl and have the drive to start a relationship, but I feel like I would first need to connect with someone then like her personality and everything instead of just her looks. Like I want to want to (intended repetition) have a relationship with a girl, but I just am not into any girl atm. Not saying I couldn't be later in the year, but just right now i have yet to encounter and connect with that one girl at cap who I am interested in and who is also interested in me. But maybe I enjoy the pursuit of a relationship more than the actual thing. idk. Its weird because sometimes when a girl says she is into me then that kinda opens the door for me to have feelings. Well this is very confusing to me so I'm sure it is to you. Because of that I will end here.

Life is full of so many different challenges and joys, and sometimes you just have to push onward and try to comprehend later. This is one of those times.

Side note- I watched a video of stephen hawking saying that it is most likely that there is no god or afterlife. Some of the points he made kinda hit home for me. Not saying I'm questioning my religion, but then again I'm not saying that I'm NOT questioning it. Ah who cares I've been questioning it forever. But well the point is, because there is no certainty in the afterlife, we should pursue our goals in this life and enjoy everything we possibly can.