Status: In progress.

The Exchange Student

Lunch Time

We went to Sid's locker first because it was closest to the cafeteria, so I just put my stuff in his and planned to grab before Physics. I lead Sid to the cafeteria and through the food line before finding our table full of hockey players and a few girlfriends as well as some hopefuls.

“Hey, Dea,” greeted Tish as I sat down beside her and Sid next to me. She stretched her arm across me to shake Sid’s hand, “hi, I’m Tish.”

“Sidney.”

I was seated across from Ben and his two goalie partners. Tish always knew to save me a spot near Ben. And I loved her for it, her and Ben weren't particularly that great of friends, not that they don't like each other, but probably wouldn't be friends at all if it weren't for me. I caught Ben's eye and nudged his foot with mine. He smiled, but still looked guilty. I'd have to talk to him more after school or something.

"Hey! Ben," he looked alarmed at my outburst. "You never texted me that Darcy made sure Semyon made it to his next class."

"Oh, uh, sorry Dea-"

Darcy cut him off, "I did Dea."

"The Russian 1 teacher has different colored eyes just like you do," spoke up Semyon. "Except he has different shades of brown."

I nodded, "yeah, Mr. Kovalchuk?" He nodded, Mr. Kovalchuk has heterochromia and so do I. Except my eyes are two different shades of blue, an icey blue and a grey-ish blue-green. "Wait," I paused, "you're taking Russian?" Everyone at our table stop what they were doing.

"Yes..?"

"But, you already speak Russian..."

"Yeah, that's why I took it, it'll be pie."

I crinkled my eyebrows, "you mean cake."

"Huh?"

"The saying is "piece of cake," not pie," I laugh.

Semyon blushed, "oh." Everyone laughed with us before returning to themselves. We enjoyed lunch getting to know our new players. I eventually had to switch places with Tish so she could talk to Sid, ending my game of footsie with Ben and placing me next to Elias, another exchange student from Sweden. I learned that Elias was a junior and also very shy. Though, I liked his accent and his laugh was adorably deep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry.