One Day

1/1

One day you wake up and it’s not there, all the pain you swore would never end. It faded away in the night and when you woke up, everything was new. It’s hard to believe you were ever hurt to begin with. One day isn’t always soon though, it can be a month or a year, but when it comes, you’ll feel light again, like you had before and you know you’ll be okay.
One day doesn’t mean you won’t still care. You will, but you won’t think of him as much. When you check your messages, you’ll be fine to see there’s no reply. There won’t be any pain. You can’t expect one day, it doesn’t have a timeframe, it won’t always come on Mondays. There’s no set week or month it will appear. You can’t set your watch to it. It just comes like the wind, unexpectedly.

One day means looking back on the good memories and cherishing what you had. It means looking at the bad ones and realizing you still came out stronger.

One day isn’t the same for everyone. You won’t necessarily love your ex or hate your ex. You’ll be able to live without them though, realizing life isn’t just about one person. In the long-term, it’s about every person you’ve met. Good and bad.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Written 5/31/14, extremely rough drabble, thought I would take a chance though and post it anyway. For now.