Status: I'd love feedback!

The Girl Who Cried Wolf

1.

It's an everyday thing you turn sixteen and start high school. It's not an everyday thing to start high school as a werewolf. No, I don't have any friends. No, I don't go out in public. I'm practically nonexistent to Beacon Hills. I stick to exhausting training, and strict workouts. I don't want friends. I don't particularly care about the public in general. I care about surviving. I believe in the education of survival much more than the education of the Civil War. It's a dog eat dog world out there(pun intended) and the world is cruel. Survival is the only thing that matters. At 13, I was dying of a rare, some would call it disease, called Guillain-Barré syndrome. It's a disease that attacks your Nervous System. It made me paralyzed, and soon started to work at my lungs and heart. My brother saved my life by giving me the bite. We just didn't know because of my rare disease that my cells were mutated, that the wolf me would be mutated as well. I've been told there is a pack around here. I've never seen them or met them. It's either they don't want to be seen or they don't want to mess with our pack. I'd like to think it's the lather of the two. My pack is strong, ruthless, and merciless. I don't think any pack would ever want to meet the likes of mine. I start public school to tomorrow, and my brother hasn't ceased to stop counting down the days. My brother is in his second year of high school, his senior year. He says it's to keep an eye on the pack, because most of the pack is my age, all coming from didn't places around the U.S. My brother likes to keep his pack young, because there is power in age, being the oldest means having the power you need to intimidate.

A noise pulled me out of my train of thought. A noise that sounded like my brother walking up the stairs. He perched himself against the door frame. At a height of 6'5", he look almost looming, and creepy in the shadow of the door. I looked up from my sketch pad, and smiled. He stepped forward and walked over to sit down beside me. "How did I know I'd find you up here, in the dark?" He asked me with his brilliant smile. He may be tall, but underneath this rough exterior inside we was about as harmless as a puppy. His dark brown eyes set on mine. He had dark brown curly locks that turned to wings at his ears. I think of them as his angel wings. He was my guardian angel in disguise.

"Because up here it is quiet. It's the only place where I can get quiet peace." I told him. He already knew the answer. We say the same thing every time he finds me in the attic. "Well it may be quiet peace, but it's about as hot as satan's balls up here." I laughed at his metaphor, as his laugh countered mine, deep and angelic. He continued on talking after our laugh, "Are you nervous about tomorrow? Or are you excited?" My jaw dropped and almost hit the floor. I stared at him. "Tracesyn, I've looked death in the faces and told him to screw off. When have you ever in your life known me to be scared? Are you trying to offend me? I'm not excited, school is school no matter how you put it. It'll always be a pain in my ass." He laughed and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Well, I'm going to go ahead and give you a heads up and let you know that the pack I've told you about, a few of them go to our school. I've had the boys pick up a few pieces of information about them. They are part of the Hale pack. A pack that has been around for a very long time. Most of them are deceased after hunters burned their house down. We don't talk to them and they don't talk to us. We are on THEIR territory. I don't need-We don't need anything started. You keep your distance. We don't need a wolf show down. Am I understood Iris?" My brother finished his rant. I felt as if I was being reprimanded by my father.

I smiled at Tracesyn and just told him I understand. "I'm glad that you understand. Now come down stairs. The boys have made lunch, and they miss you." Trace said while standing and holding out a hand to me. I took his hand while he helped me stand to my feet. Trace was the first to walk down the step with me trailing close behind. Right as my foot made contact with the floor I was tackled. By just scent I found that Brandin was my attacker. He was short at about 5'8", with sandy blonde hair, and eyes that were blue on the outside and the closer they got to the pupil they turned brown. He bear hugged me on the ground. He stopped and smiled at me, seeing the anger in my eyes made him happy. "GUYS! I GOT ONE!" Brandin yelled. Soon enough a dog pile had started. Next was Trent. He was the second oldest. My brother's best friend. He had light brown hair that contrasted with his dark skin, and blue eyes that would make any girl melt. He was 6'2" and 189 pounds of pure muscle. Next to put his weight on me was Tyler. Tyler was the youngest. Younger than me. A sophomore. He was the newest addition to our pack. A loud and rambunctious kid. He saw the world with all kinds of beauty... pretty soon he won't see the world like that. When he watches the light go out of someone's eyes as they take their last breath. He was probably the closest to me out of the group. He really enjoyed my company, and I his. He had overly blonde hair that was a bit to long. Constantly pushing it out of his face. His green eyes were a loud green. His eyes being much more radiant than Trent's. He was a woman killer. All of a sudden the weight of them all constricted my breathing.

"can't.... Can't breath!" I barely made out before all of them started scrambling to get off one another. "Ouch you're on my foot." "That's my arm you asshole." "Get off of me idiot." They'd finally managed to all gain their balance while I just laid there taking in all the air I could. "You all just almost successfully killed me!" I screamed. They all started laughing walking off in different directions. Brandin and Trent went to play Xbox. Tyler stuck around helping me up. His tanned hand wrapping around my almost slightly lighter wrist to help me up.

"You're coming to school with us tomorrow man! I can't believe it. I wonder how many days of detention you're going to get? You're always getting in trouble. I can't wait!" He shouted out. He was still young like I said. "Trace already told me I have to act right, so none. I will have no days of detention." I said taking my seat. Trace was already seated at the table staring at his phone just to reply to so someone. It was none of my business. "Do you want a banana sandwich or a ham and cheese?" Tyler asked me from the counter of our kitchen. "Two banana sandwiches! Why did you even ask!?" I asked him with a tone of fake hurt in my voice. He just laughed and made my sandwich along with his. He joined me at the table with Trace. Trace had finally sat down his phone, him and Tyler joking around with each other. After about 3 bites on my sandwich Brandin came in. He sat across from Tyler, and to my left. He draped him arm around me, saying, "When are you going to let me take you on a date Iris?" This was usual for or conversations. It was an everyday thing. "Maybe when you grow about 4 inches, Brandin." I replied with a smirk. He just grabbed my sandwich taking a bite. "Why you always gotta shoot me down Iris? I thought we were cool!" He said. I couldn't contain my laughter along with the rest of the group. "This is a conspiracy. Y'all are all against me." He replied under his breath. Making more laughter come from the group. The mood made it more serious. "Trace, you never told me who the boys were that were in the Hale pack at school." I stated as the room was silent. Trent spoke up for Trace. Trent was kinda like second in command around here. "There are two around The school. Scott McCall and Isaac Lahey, both are betas. Derek Hale is their Alpha. Peter Hale is Derek's uncle. He was the Alpha. They aren't much of a pack but from what I've heard from other packs around Beacon Hills is that they are a damn good pack with a very strong leader. I've heard word that Scott is a true Alpha."

I let it all sink in. "How do you become an Alpha-Once-Removed, you have to die to give up your rank right? Or can you just give it away?" Curiosity was evident in my voice along with my facial features. Trent just glanced at Trace. Trace just looked back at me. "I really don't know. I don't think I've heard of an Alpha giving up his rank, but then again what alpha would give up that kind of power? I guess we're all asking the same questions." Trace answered me. I just nodded my head mulling over all the information. The boys got into a noisy conversation, and Trace was back at his phone. I sat listening to the boys, but not really paying attention. I'd laugh when it was appropriate, and sometimes when it wasn't. The boys got riled up over small things. When I laughed at Tyler telling Brandin he could get ANY girl that Brandin went for, Brandin said "You couldn't get Iris even if your life depended on it, So your statement is invalid, young grasshopper." The "Young Grasshopper" glanced over at me and winked without anyone noticing, my cue to play along. "Aye, Iris. Will you go on a date with me? Maybe go to the arcade and get some pizza?" Tyler asked leaning back and throwing his head to the side to get the hair out of his face, a very Justin Bieber thing to do, while he put his arm around the back of Trent's chair. I just smiled and said, "Tyler, all you had to do was put you and pizza together and I'm there. What time are we leaving? Will I be driving?" As the words left my lips Brandin just dropped his mouth looking at me. "I'd say we leave about five. It's only 4:30. Yes you will be driving because Trace here will not allow me to get my learners." Tyler replied still smirking at me, and casually side glancing Brandin. "This is absolute-excuse my French- bullshit." I'm calling bullshit is anyone else calling bullshit?" Brandin went on. "Brandin, don't be mad because you aren't as good with women as I am. You just gotta know how to talk to them." Tyler said. Brandin stood putting his hands palm down on the table and staring at Tyler. "I'll beat your ass you little shrimp." Tyler casually pushed his chair back doing the same as Brandin. "Brandin, if anyone is the shrimp at this table it's you. You're the shortest out of the group, I love you man, but sit down. You're making a fool out of yourself." Trace said laughing. He'd finally joined the on going conversation. Brandin casually looked at Trace with a smirk. "I may be a shrimp but I ain't never had a lady tell me I'm not good in bed." At this point every one at the table let out a collective "Ohhh", followed along with a bunch of laughs. "Y'all aren't really going on a date are you"? Brandin asked more seriously directed at me. Living in a house full of wolves the first thing you learn in training is how to control your heart rate when you lie. "Yes Brandin, we really are." I said side smirking for added affect. Brandin just walked over to Tyler, slapped him on the back and said "Alright bro, you win. I'll never underestimate you again." Tyler smiled way, winking. My brother held back a laugh, as did Trent, fully catching on to mine and Tyler's mind game. "Well boys, if you'll excuse me I have to go get ready for my date." The words I left them with as I ascended the stairs.

My room was my safe haven. Where I come to get away from the noise and from the boys. The boys weren't allowed in my room. It was a three knock policy for them. Here, it was my music, my tv channel, and my own thoughts. My walls were grey. One having Aztec design, with a wolf dead center of it. My own design my own art. My safe haven. I jumped in the shower quickly. I decided to let my hair hang naturally in its ringlet curls. I picked out my outfit. Dark denim skinny jeans, with a loose red tank top, and my leather jacket, and my(what I call) ass kicking boots, because of all the scratches and scuffs from many fights defending my pack, and myself. There's a saying "You call one wolf, you call the pack." That saying is real, that saying is true. I topped off my outfit with my favorite necklace. A heart pendant my brother had giving me before I almost died. I added on to it by getting another chain necklace that said "I am enough". I put on as minimal make up as I could. I've never believed in hiding ones true beauty behind a mask(makeup). I descended the stairs two at a time, smiling the whole way. I left with Tyler, went to the arcade and ate more pizza then I should have. I came home laughing and happy, to find all the boys asleep except my brother. Tyler kissed my cheek telling me he'd see me in the morning. My brother sat at the table with a newspaper in front of him. He read me the title. "another cougar attack". They call it a cougar. We call it a werewolf. "It's got to be one of Derek's. It's not one of ours. Tyler was strong enough to fight the urge. He hasn't done anything in months." Trace said staring at the paper. He right isn't couldn't of been one of us. We're all too long werewolves. Trace didn't stress the issue. He just told me to go to bed and to get ready for school.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to give you an idea about Iris and her pack before they met the others. Please give me feedback so I know I'm doing an OKAY job.

Much love, Anna.