Status: I'd love feedback!

The Girl Who Cried Wolf

3.

Chapter 3.

I shuffled around looking for clothes. I put on my compression shorts under cargo pants. A sports bra under my white loose tank top, and my black leather jacket. I twisted my hair into a knot on the top of my head. What could Derek possibly want asking Trace to come alone? If it's a fight he wants, then it's a fight he's getting. I threw on my Ass Kicking Boots, and headed down the stairs. The talk had already began. In the kitchen, I found the boys in fight attire. "What do you think they need from us?" Trent asked the obvious. "Alliance." I answered standing at the doorway. All heads turned in my direction. "Alliance for what?" Tyler asked. Trace took this as his lead. "That's what they are going to tell when we get there, so let's load up." With that everyone stood, and walked toward the door. I didn't bother grabbing my keys. I was going with my pack.

|Scott's P.O.V|
Tracesyn was late. Derek was starting to lose his patience. I stood beside Isaac and Stiles in Derek's loft. Derek stood in front of us a good 20 feet. Derek was stone face as always. Never showing emotion, rock like. 5 minutes later the loft door slides open revealing Tracesyn, who was not alone, with his pack. They stood beside us, in a straight line all facing Derek, while Iris stood leaned against the on wall opposite of me. It was still day time, as I could see her features, dark hair pulled up on top of her head, brown eyes with no light in them, with a button nose. "I thought we agreed that you were to come alone." Derek said in an annoyed tone. Tracesyn stood with his feet squared, fist clenched. "This isn't just my decision Derek. It's my PACKS too, besides your pack's here." Derek just nodded his head, as I saw peter walk two steps down and sit. I still don't trust him, but he is part of this pack. I have too. "Well, I might as well tell you the story before you decide about any alliances." Derek went to telling Tracesyn's pack about the Alpha Pack, and how they all killed their packs to make one stronger pack. About midway through Derek's rant, Iris moved across the room to the couch near Isaac and I. She sat with her elbows on her knees, hands locked hanging in front of her. Her face was directed toward Derek taking in every word. Derek finished his rant with, "I need your pack, we can't take them alone. They've killed two members of my pack already. What do you say?" Trace stood there the same way with a perplexed look to his face. "Brandin, what do you think?" Brandin looked at Trace with a smile, already knowing his answer. "I'm just ready for a fight. Bring it. I'm down." He smiled turning his face towards Derek. Derek nodded in Brandin's direction. "Tyler?" Trace said. "I'm in as long as my pack is," was all Tyler mumbled out, keeping his head towards his feet. Derek nodded in his direction once again. "Trent?" Trace asked. "It's sketchy, but I'm in too." Trent said looking to Trace then Derek. Derek nodding again showing appreciation. "Iris, what do you think?" All attention was turned toward Iris. The boys all tensed up a little. She stared at her hands for a second, then looked up. "I feel like we're signing a death certificate. Someone is going to die, and I promise you if it's one of my pack Derek. I will personally see to it, that I rip your throat out, with my teeth." Iris said with hate in her tone. She looked so fragile at first glance, but I've come to find within this day that she is stronger than people believe. Derek actually broke a smile to her threat, and nodded his head in her direction. "I guess that's your answer Derek."

Peter descended the stairs, saying "We need to see you fight. ALL of you," Specifically in Iris' direction, "Even the mutant." Iris stood from her seat. Anger evident in her facial features, "What did you just call me?!" She growled as she started to stand. "I'll rip your ass to shreds if you call me a mutant again. That is a FIRM promise." She flipped Peter off on the way back to her seat. "Please don't call my sister a mutant again. Who is this Derek? I've yet to be introduced." Trace asked calmly. "Apparently he's an asshole." Iris stated casually,leaned back on the couch, arms laying on the back of it. Peter just smiled saying, "I like her." Trace walked over to Derek, with every move you could see his muscles tense. Derek and Trace talked in silence. "Alright. Isaac and Brandin. You two fight first. The fights over when the first claw is sunk." Trace said. Isaac was the first to shift. Brandin stood checking out Isaac's wolf, then he smiled, what looked like, a sinister smile. It wasn't hard to guess that Brandin truly enjoyed a fight. Brandin shifted. His eyes were an electric blue, which wasn't a hard guess. I wonder if all of their eyes are blue. His wolf was much taller than himself. The saying "He has big dog syndrome," was the first thing I thought, that's probably why he acted so tough. His wolfs fur was blonde, almost light brown. He and Isaac circled each other once, and Brandin launched himself at Isaac. Isaac threw a punch that connected with Brandin's jaw. Brandin didn't even flinch, just tackled Isaac to the floor. I heard Iris say something, all she said was, "weakness,". Brandin let out what sounded like a laugh, as he sank his claws into Isaac. The fight was over. Isaac was already starting to heal, as Brandin helped him up, and shifted back. Brandin clapped his back and told him he did good, that normally no ones ever laid a blow on him like that. "Trent and Scott." I snapped my head in Trent's direction. Of course, I'd get the muscular scary looking guy out of the pack.

|Isaac's P.O.V|
Scott stepped forward and so did Trent. Trent bent down to take his shoes off. Stiles slapped me on the shoulder and said, "What's he doing?". Trent just popped his head up, "New shoes man. I can't stand to ruin new shoes." The packs let out a laugh, myself included. I stole a glance at Iris. She was smiling. She was beautiful in her own ways. She had this energy about her like she was trying to break free, like she was trying to figure out who she was. Stiles walked over to the couch and sat beside her as the fight started. I couldn't pay attention to the fight. I wanted to hear their conversation. "Hey Iris." Stiles said smiling at her. She didn't take her eyes off the fight. Scott and Trent were slinging each other around the room. No one falling just yet. "Hey human." She said smiling. "My names Stiles." Stiles smile faded out. "Well to me your still just a human, Stiles." Stiles just nodded his head. I heard her say it when I was fighting and I heard her say it now, as Scott tried to hook Trent with a right. Trent caught his arm quickly, but Scott got out of the hold quickly. Iris simply stated, "Weakness". Stiles heard her. "What?" He asked confused. "I'm finding a weakness in each person fighting in y'all's pack." She said still staring as Scott sunk his claws into Trent's back. The fight was over. She was strategic. She was finding everyone's weakness, so she could take them down easier. She had brains, and I couldn't wait to pick at her brain and find what I could.

|Scott's P.O.V|

I always feel bad after one of these fights, after hurting someone. It's not in me to hurt someone, but these people healed faster. It makes it a little less painful to think about. Trent decided to stand by me after the fight. "Hey man. Were in wrestling or something, because you took me down like a brute. I rarely see someone who is a tough fight for me." He said smiling a sincere smile. I smiled back at him. "Nah man. I'm just in lacrosse. Nothing special really." He just laughed and said he had to join the lacrosse team. Derek caught everyone's attention by clearing his throat. He turned his head in Isaac's direction. "Are you healed?" Isaac just nodded his head. "Isaac and Tyler." Derek said. Iris went tense. That's her weakness. Tyler.

Tyler stood from the ground where he was sitting to watch. His hands where shaking, he was nervous. Iris was nervous, slightly chewing on her nails. "Are you nervous?" Stiles asked her quietly. She turned her head towards Stiles. "This is his first fight. He is only a two month old werewolf. He's also my best friend." She said turning her head back to watch. Tyler wolfed out first. His wolf had white hair, which didn't surprise me. He already had almost white hair. He was muscular yet lean. The fight started with Isaac headed towards Tyler. Tyler laughed as Isaac gained his speed. Before Isaac could even get his claws to him Tyler round house kicked him. Isaac flew into the wall above where Stiles and Iris sat. Stiles feel to the floor with his head covered. Iris didn't flinch, didn't move. She just sat there and watched as Isaac hit the floor in front of her. She looked down at Stiles and said, "I forgot to mention, he's a black belt in karate." Stiles just got up and sat back down beside Iris and said,"ya think?" She smiled a real smile that exposed her gums. She had beautiful teeth. Isaac ran at Tyler to have his feet kicked out from under him. Tyler took this chance to sink his claws, but didn't catch Isaac in time, because Isaac had already sank his claws. Tyler let out a loud howl, and Iris turned her head away.

"Iris and Peter." Iris stood, and Peter descended the stairs. "Look at that, looks like my chance to rip you to shreds is coming a little early." Iris said while smiling. Peter wolfed out. Iris smiled while she removed her jacket, shirt, shoes, pants, and silver pendant. "What the f-fudge is she doing?" Stiles asked. "Her wolf is a lot bigger than her. She'll rip her clothes if she doesn't take them off." Trent said casually like it was normal. "Also it's really painful for her to shift she has to work herself up to it. The scream will be a little loud." Iris got down into a crouch, squatting onto the balls of her feet. You could hear what sounded like bones cracking, as her face twisted into agonizing pain. The scream she let out was bloodcurdling and loud. Every person in the room covered their ears. The scream turned into a howl. Iris then stood completely wolfed out. She was a good three feet taller than all of us wolfed out. She had muscles in places I didn't know existed. Her fur was midnight black, and she had one patch of white fur where her heart is. None of that was as unsettling as her eyes. They weren't colored. They weren't anything just completely black, both eyes nothing but black. "That isn't a damn werewolf. That is Sasquatch in real life." Stiles said with wide eyes. Iris turned her body. She locked eyes with Stiles and made her way towards him. "Woah, woah!" Stiles said backing up. My instincts let me to Stiles and I stood in front of him. Iris kept coming towards us. She didn't have claws, she had razor blades as she sunk them into my stomach. I looked into those pits for eyes, and all of the pain I was feeling, vanished. It didn't hurt. I felt nothing. Brandin and Trent ran over. Grabbing Iris by the elbows, pulling her back. The pain rushed back when she took her eyes off mine. "Wha-what was th-that?" I asked breathlessly. She panted, and said, "Please, I'll explain it later in private." She turned back to peter, as my pain intensified. Trace looked anxious and worried. "Her wolf is stronger than ours. Sometimes she takes over and we lose Iris for a minute. Iris always finds her way back though." Trace said looking at the ground.

Iris stood before Peter. Peter looked at Derek. "Derek, are you sure you don't wanna go first?" He then glanced back at Iris wolfed out. "You called her a mutant not me, Peter." Peter gulped and charged. Iris took him out. She ran full sprint, and banged his head into the wall twice. She proceeded to throw him across the room, and he hit the metal column. She grabbed him by the throat, and sank her claws, at first Peter thrashed. She locked her eyes on him, and he stopped thrashing. She removed her claws, and let him go. Peter sat on the ground staring at her clutching his gut. She let out a howl, that turned into a scream, then you heard the bones cracking again, and Iris was back to herself clutching her knees and sitting on the balls of her feet. She returned to her clothes, and put them on silently. She didn't speak, but everyone except for her pack had there eyes on her. As if something so fragile looking as Iris could honestly bring down an army if she tried.

Later in the evening, we all were gathered around the table eating takeout Chinese. Derek, Trace, Peter, and Trent all sat side by side, as Stiles, Tyler, Iris, Brandin, Isaac and I sat side by side. Iris and Stiles had really hit it off. She and Tyler sat laughing at Stiles professing his love of Lydia and how she really just didn't know he existed. Iris slapped Stiles on the back. "Sounds like you got the shit end of the stick, bro." Stiles just chuckled and replied that he really did. I couldn't refrain from asking any longer. I mostly wanted to know Iris' story, and I know the rest of my pack did too. "How did each of you become a werewolf?" Trace set down his fork, and cocked his head to the side. He was probably wondering why I wanted to know such a thing.

"I was bitten when I was 15. My alpha just saw me as a decent beta. I wasn't anything special. My pack was attacked while I was out tracking trails. My pack didn't survive. I found Dylan, my alpha, before he took his last breathe. He told me that I had to be the alpha from now on. Telling me that my training was finished, that if had succeeded. I started my own pack, and became a well known alpha." Trace finished with a smile. We all sat waiting for the next to speak. It seemed they were going in order. Trace glanced at Trent. Trent smiled back.
"I was Trace's best friend. Kinda like Stiles is with you Scott. I was there with Trace through everything. Knew his secret from the beginning. I wanted the bite. I didn't need it. I wanted the strength and confidence that came with the bite. I got just that. I don't miss being a human." Trent said then cast his eyes to Iris. Iris glanced up at Trent then back down at her intwined fingers.
"Well. I was 13, and dying. I had a rare disorder called
Guillain-Barré syndrome. It's a disorder where you immune system begins attacking your nervous system. It can cause your lungs and heart to stop functioning. I became paralyzed on my way to having my lungs shut down. Baby Trace over there, and though he claims it's not true, even Trent couldn't handle my death." Trent just stared at Iris, and laughed. "Trace gave me the bite, lying on a hospital table after nurses had declared me dead, because my lungs had stopped working. Trace took me away because doctors would know when my heart beat came back that something was wrong. So, we went to Texas where Trace found Brandin."
Brandin laughed. "Trace didn't find me. He saved me. That's how Trace rolls. You only get the bite if you need it." He just glanced at Trace who smiled and nodded his head to continue. "I was 15. I was the one that people picked on and bullied because I was short, and wore glasses, and was a little dorky. If y'all tell anybody that I'll kill you. One day the bullying got out of hand. I was invited to a football jocks party. I didn't know I was going to be the entertainment for the night. The football team beat the shit out of me. They ended up cracking my skull and giving me a brain aneurism. They dumped me at the nearest park. Trace came by the park that night smelling blood. My blood. He gave me the bite. He saved my life. I'm forever thankful. I got my payback after that night. I beat the football team black and blue, my rage got out of hand, and I killed one. That's why my eyes are blue. I'm not proud of that part of my life." Brandin has teared up towards the end of his story and Iris stood, and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Awh, don't cry. Anytime you wanna take me on that date is fine with me." Iris said laughing. Trace's pack started laughing. Iris took her seat back beside Stiles and Tyler.
She grabbed Tyler's hand. "Your turn." She said. Isaac sat silently watching the two. Just staring. "I was and still am 16. I use to live in Newport Beach. I was a surfer. I was surfing by the old rocks. The beach wasn't packed out that day. It's was probably due to the rip tide. I didn't care, surfing was my passion back then. There were two people at the beach that day sitting on the cliff of the rocks. A guy and a girl. The girl was soaking up the sun. She was probably the most beautiful girl I thought I'd ever see, didn't know she'd possibly turn out the last girl I'd ever see." Tyler put his head down and started to cry. Iris took this as her cue, and started to tell Tyler's story for him. "I had been sitting on that cliff watching him. He was an amazing surfer. He took the next wave. It was a monster of a wave, I sat at the edge of the cliff with Trace, biting my nails. The wave crashed around him and took him under. I didn't see much of what happen as he hit the bottom, but I heard his head hit the reef below him, and blood came up under the waves. I screamed Trace's name. He just told me he'd meet me at the bottom. I dove off the cliff, missing any rocks at the bottom, and made my way towards Tyler. He was unconscious as I pulled him to shore. He had a gas in his ribs, and broken bones sticking out. Trace gave him the bite, and he lived." Iris smiled at Tyler, who had wiped his last few tears. I know where I'd be today if wasn't for my guardian angel. I'd be dead. " he squeezed Iris' hand, and she just kept smiling.

They left later on that night leaving us with a few unanswered questions, and a lot to think about. Stiles had asked Tyler if he and Iris dated. Tyler just told him, "Iris has been there for me through everything, she's my best friend. I wouldn't ruin that friendship for anything even if that means making her mine. She's still mine, just in the form of a brother-sister relationship." Isaac let out a breath he'd been holding for a while it seemed. After they all had left. Isaac realized that Iris had left her necklace. He told Derek to text Trace and tell Trace to let Iris know he'd give it to her tomorrow at school. Isaac asked me if I thought Iris was alright. I told him that if I didn't have Allison that I would try as hard as I could to get Iris. He just smiled and said, " ' cause that's exactly what I'm going to do." And with that he walked out of my bedroom, leaving me and stiles with our mouths wide open.
♠ ♠ ♠
THEY FINALLY FREAKING MET! Ahhhhh!

Okay, so I wrote this in Scott's perspective, and a bit in Isaac's. I know it's taking me some time to get to Isaac and Iris' relationship, I just wanted you to have a clear understanding of the packs past.

Love, Anna