Status: Complete

I'm Yours

I'm Yours

"Anyone home?" I looked up from my homework on the kitchen table when I heard my boyfriends, Steve's, voice. I smiled to myself, "In here Steve!" I shouted back. I heard footsteps coming to the kitchen and then strong arms wrapping themselves around my waist and picking me up. I smiled and turned around in the embrace, Steve's face was sweaty from the hot Tulsa sun and had a few grease stains on his cheeks. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips to his and running my hands through his greased up hair. He smiled into our kiss and pulled away, giving me a series of small kisses before pulling back completely. "Hey." I said untangling myself from Steve. He smiled back, "Hey, Ponyboy. How was school?" I gave him a look, "You were there with me!" I said sitting back down to finish my English assignment. He rolled his eyes and grabbed a beer from the fridge, "Yes, but I only saw you at lunch and when I walked you to your classes." "True, but I told you about each class after it ended." I told him feeling amused. I knew Steve only asked that because he wanted to open a door for conversation, we had already been dating for like three months but sometimes it was hard to start a conversation between us. "Can't I try and talk to my boyfriend?" He asked looking at me exasperated. I grinned at him, "Of course you can." I murmured and lifted my head to accept a kiss from him. When he pulled back he gestured to my homework, "You almost done?" I nodded writing down an answer, "Yeah, just give me a sec." He nodded and walked to the living room, I heard him turn on the tv to some show he probably wasn't watching. I jotted down a few more words and was finished, I packed my stuff in my binder and stood up stretching. I walked into the living room to see Steve sprawled out on the couch and looked at him pointedly. He glanced up at me, caught my look, and immediately dropped one leg to the floor and opened the other slightly while opening his arms. I smiled to myself and settled myself in his arms on my side, tucking my head under his chin. He wrapped his arms around me securely and I smiled into his chest. I knew Steve probably didn't like to cuddle and only did it for my benefit but I loved being wrapped in his arms, I always felt so safe. I remember when me and him got together, we had been making snide comments at each other all day and so when we were accidentally left alone (I don't believe that the gang all had something to do at all) we had a screaming match. Finally Steve gave me a look at started striding to me determinedly. I backed up a little, my temper may outrank Steve's but he was a little more scary, he had never hit me before but that look in his eyes, and he kissed me. I was really shocked, Steve Randle, Soda's best friend, the guy that, I thought, hated me, was kissing me. He pulled back and looked at me stricken, "Pony, Pony I'm sorry. I-I-" and then he ran out. He didn't come round again for a week, which was probably better because I had to sort out my thoughts. I didn't like Steve romantically, I knew that, but I liked the feel of his lips in mine and when his arms were briefly wrapped around me, oh it was wonderful. I don't know, maybe I could give him a shot. When he came around again he looked determined to not talk about what made him leave in the first place and barely looked at me. I was getting sick of it! He avoided me so much I didn't even see him at the DX. Finally I decided to corner him, when I knew him and Soda were at work I walked to the gas station and saw my brother at the front desk. "Hey Soda. I greeted my brother as I walked in, he looked up and smiled, "Hey Pone, whatcha doin here?" "Actually I wanted to talk to Steve, he here?" I asked even though I knew the answer already. He looked at me concerned, I had told what was going on in hopes of some advice. He slowly nodded, "He's in the back." He whispered to me before straightening and saying, "No, he just went on lunch break." In a loud voice before going to help a customer. I took a deep breath, I could do this. I walked to the back and saw Steve sitting on a couch with his head in his hands. He looked up when he heard me and immediately went white and stood up. "Pon-" I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. He made a noise of surprise and before he could react I pulled back. He looked so confused right then I had to let out a slight giggle, he heard and gave me a look, which made me laugh more. He rolled his eyes at me but looked amused, "Why did you do that?" I sobered up immediately and looked at him. "Because I want to try, I'm not saying I'm in love with you but I could see myself loving you." I let out a breath I had been holding since I started talking. Everything I felt was on the table, now Steve could either say no and never talk to me again or he'll say yes. I noticed him looking at me strangely and I arched an eyebrow at him, "You're serious?" He asked like he was holing his breath too. I barely had time to nod before he was attacking my lips and encasing me in his arms. I smiled and kissing back, "So I guess this means you're my boyfriend now?" He pulled back slightly to whisper a "Yes" and then we were kissing again. I reached my arms up and tangled one hand in his hair and the other on the back of his neck. When air become too important we pulled back and just stared at each other before Steve swooped down to press a kiss to my cheek, "God Pony, I love you." He breathed out and I just smiled and kissed him again, I couldn't honestly say I loved him yet but I couldn't wait until I could. "What are you thinking about?" I blinked my eyes and looked up at Steve, "What?" He gave me an amused look, "You have been zoned out for more that ten minutes now, Pone." I grinned at him sheepishly, "I was thinking about how we got together." He smiled at that, "I really thought you would hate me." He said making me reach up and cup his face, "Well you couldn't be more wrong, I love you Steve." I said and pressed my lips to his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello loves! I hope you enjoyed the story! Steve and Pony are one of my favorite pairings! If you want a one-shot I will be happily taking requests! No long stories just one-shots. I do more than just slash and I'll tell you if I don't write a certain pairings. I know Steve is very OOC but....oh well!:)