London Bridge Is Falling

What Happened Had To Happen

I watched Jake breath heavily. His heart pounded in his chest. His eyes sent me into a rage. Sweat dripped from his body. I ran my fingers through his short blonde hair, I focused my eyes on his. They were a beautiful blue, like the ocean. He intertwined our fingers and then it was over. He rolled off of me and laid beside me, our hands still together.

"Dyl," He said, smiling.

"Yeah?"

"I love you" He kissed my cheek.

"I love you too, Jakey"

He rolled off of the bed and put on a pair of sweatpants that were a little to big for him, It didn't matter; he still looked gorgeous. He went to the deck and looked over the edge.

"Ready for the tour tomorrow?" He asked.

"Walking with that bitch, Sarah...Totally." I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist while kissing the back of his neck. We had just flown from California and landed near the Isle of Dogs in England. Jake called it a "Vacation" but we had to stay with a group of burnouts from Manchester.

"Dylan, she's not that bad," He said. "She's just a bit of a shite head" He mocked in a British accent.

The sun arose beautifully behind Big Ben. I was cuddled up in the blankets, Jake was gone. He left a note on the coffee table that reads.

"Dylan. I had fun last night, but I must be a typical guy and leave, sorry ;)"

I rolled over and laughed. "Very bitchy of him"

"Very what of me?" He smiled, walking into the room. "I got Coffee and the other stuff British people eat" He dressed classy, it was too cute. He wore a red button up wool coat, black jeans, a scarf and his adorable shoes he called "Smart shoes"
He kissed my cheek and sat the coffee beside me.

"Shouldn't you be up?" He asked, taking off his coat.

"It's 6:30, Jake"

"And the tour starts at 7:00"

"Shit," I said, rolling out of bed. I grabbed some clothes out of my suitcase and quickly dressed.

"Who's the classy one now?" Jake said as he took my hand.

Down in the front lobby, Jake tossed me on his back and ran out the front door. Outside, Sarah and the burnouts stood.

"You're late," Sarah said.

"It starts at 7:00" Jake said, sitting me down.

"Yes, but I expected you to be here at 6:00"

Jake nudged my shoulder. "Cheer up, this is gonna be fun" He kissed my cheek.

We take a left and head towards the train station. Jake squeezes my hand and pulls me along. I'm not sure why I'm loving this torture he's putting me through. I love him I guess. We round the a corner and see The London Eye, the biggest Ferris Wheel I have ever seen. I nudge Jake's shoulder and point to it.

"Can we?" I ask. "Please, Jakey"

He rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "But, you know I'm afraid of heights"

I smile and pull him towards the wheel. The burnouts from Manchester decide to wait for us, with an attitude of course. The doors slide open and we get in along with a group of people. It starts to move and Jake clinches my hand while squeezing his eyes shut. He hates heights but this is a once in a lifetime thing. I see him peek out of one eye and smile.

"This is actually kinda great"

"I told you!" I say, ecstatic.

I point to Big Ben and Jake finally opens his eyes all the way. He turns towards me, his eyes beautiful in the morning sun. I know what he's thinking, I feel what he's thinking. I wrap my arms around him and pull him close. Every thought, every feeling, every emotion, is intertwined when his arms outstretch and squeeze me. The steady rhythm of his heart whispered in my ear as the wheel brought us back to the ground. The doors slide open and Jake is the first one off, leaving me behind to suffer the crowd.

"Thanks," I say sarcastically when I see him again.

He shrugs his shoulders. "Sorry"