London Bridge Is Falling

Spiraling Down With Bending Fractions

We finally made it to the docks. We had barely ran into any Infected, It's like they had just disappeared.

"It's about 21 miles to London" Luke said, boarding a small boat.

"You know how to drive this thing?" Jenna smirked, jumping from the ledge and into the boat.

"I do" He replied.

Jenna rolled her eyes as he started the engine. We sat around for awhile, discussing our plan once we got to London. There should be a military base outside the firebombed area, there always is.

"I just hope you know what you're talking about, Dylan" Jenna said.

"I'm positive..."

"You better be" She said under her breath.

There it was, London. It looked horrifying, the buildings still simmered and smoke billowed from the streets below. It was like something from a horror movie. We docked at a small ledge and climbed a ladder that led to the road. I looked around, nothing but dead bodies.

"What happened here?" Luke asked, lowering his gun.

"Hell" A man said. "That's what happened" He was dressed in black with a small white square in his collar. A priest. "Why are you here?" He asked.

"We're looking for military salvation" Luke said.

The priest laughed. "Nothing here, go back"

"There's nothing back there either!" I yelled.

"American" He said. "Listen to this" He pulled out his phone and pressed the play button on a video.
It was an African American girl standing in front of a building, she was holding a microphone and looking around.

"Hi, I'm Dianne. Tonight we bring horrific news from New York. I'm standing here where just a few moments ago, a man went crazy and started biting people. Police are here and they say they have the people under control. Now we wont know more until later on tonight" Just before she cut out, a group of Infected started attacking. The screen went blank.

"Just a few hours ago, there were reports of the virus in Paris and New York...Then everything went silent" The priest said.

Luke aimed his gun at the man. "You've got a bite"

"Yes. I am bit. I seem to be Immune to the virus" He smiled.

There was a loud bang, then nothing. The man behind Jenna shot the priest.

"He was bit!" The man yelled. "What was I supposed to do?"

"I can take samples of his blood" A girl in our group said. She was average height, she wore black plastic glasses and dreadlocks pulled back into a ponytail. She put on gloves and stuck a needle into his arm, once she got a few tubes of blood, she put them in her bag.
"Sorry I didn't tell you guys anything at the sharing circle. I'm Lucy, a scientist/Doctor"

"Well, Lucy. What did he mean by Immune?" Luke asked.

"I'm not sure yet. I'll have to test his blood once we get to a safer area"

We made our way down a small road. The buildings that surrounded it were destroyed, glass broken, chunks of bricks blown into other stores. We passed by the place where Finn blew up the bridge. I still felt Jake on the other side, I felt like he was calling to me, telling me to come back for him, begging to be alive again. I swallowed down that feeling and went on with the rest of the group. In the distance, something shot up into the sky. It exploded into a bright green light then fell slowly back to the ground.

"Flare" Jenna said. "Probably survivors over there. Should we make a pit stop?" She asked.

"Definitely, It's worth checking out" I said.