London Bridge Is Falling

Theories mounted upon dead lives

We boarded the train. Jake held onto me while we stood in the middle, crowded by tons of people.

"So, Dylan...I've been thinking" He pulled something out of his pocket and got down on one knee. The voices went silent. "I know this isn't the most romantic place to do this, but I can't wait any longer. Dylan...Will you marry me"

The tears flowed. "Yes!" I yelled. He jumped up and pressed his lips against mine. Everyone in the train car started clapping. We stopped abruptly, Jake flew forward, taking me with him. He rubbed his head in pain.

"You okay?" He asked me. I hated how he worried about me more than he worried about himself.

"I'm fine..."

The train doors slid open and a few men dressed in desert camo forced us off.

"What's the meaning of this?" A lady asked.

"What the hell is going on?!"

"Who are you?"

"Why'd you kick us off of the train?"

Everyone had a question but us.

"Get back!" A man in camo yelled. His name-tag said Sgt: Kelly. He Slammed the butt of his gun against someones face. A jet flew over us and the track that led over the water fell to pieces. Everyone gasped and scattered across the platform. Jake pulled me close. We watched the track smash into the water below it.

"As far as we know" Kelly said. "You have all been exposed to a highly contagious virus" He raised his gun and started shooting wildly. Screams, that's all I heard. My mind was blank. Jake took my hand and we ran down the stairs to the street. We ran, and continued to run. All the bridges that connected Britain were being blown to shreds.

"In here!" Jake yelled.

We ran into a small store. The windows were glazed over, all we could see was shadows of people running by and occasionally the shadow of something not so human.