London Bridge Is Falling

Vexed Nature Debated By Hate

My eyes slowly opened. Jacob sat on the edge of the bed, stretching his arms. He apparently got nude overnight.

"Morning" I said, pulling the covers off of me.

"Morning" Jacob replied. "Wanna go get breakfast?"

"Sure, plan on putting clothes on?" I laughed.

He put on some decent looking clothes and walked downstairs, his hand wrapped around mine. We sat down at the table. No one was talking, there was only clanking of forks against plates.

"I got a call form Lucy last night" Jill said.

"Any good news?" I asked.

"Not really. She said that her and Luke found a lab, it contained a virus called Project Trixie. The Government has released it in New York. Lucy says the Infected there are twice as worse than London."
She scooped a spoonful of eggs into her mouth.
"Plus, they've found Intel on the people that have been making the virus. They're called 'The Bio-Degeneration' The main branch is in Moscow, which has also been the testing ground for Trixie"

"Okay, so we regroup at HQ in Texas, head to Moscow with as many people as possible and take down Degeneration" Lara said, racking her brain for ideas.

"Sounds good" I said, "But first we have to find a way out of California"

"Call in HQ, tell them to meet us at the Airport" Jacob suggested.

Jill shook her head and made the call. We all gathered our gear, the plan was to meet an evacuation helicopter at noon, and it's almost that time. I told my parents too stay behind, I'd send someone to get them. We stepped outside. Jacob waved his gun to the left, then to the right. There was no Infected and there hadn't been for awhile. We made our way down the street, the only noise was coming from our boots clobbering against the asphalt.

"Stop" Jill said. "Infected" She pointed her gun at a large group of them.

"Take em' out" Jacob said, smiling. He's finally getting to kill something after a long period of time.

We shot at them, they went down like bowling pins. We continued on, not letting them get in our way. We were slowly running out of time. Finally, we made it to the Airport. I lifted Jill over the fence, then Lara. I went to lift Jacob up, my hand slid down his side.

"Getting grabby are we?" He smirked.

"You wish, cowboy. Keep moving" I chuckled.

I climbed the fence and hit the ground on the other side. We slowly made our way passed airplane hangers. A line of planes littered the runway. The were abandoned when the outbreak happened. We waited for awhile, there was no evac helicopter anywhere. behind us, Infected pushed on the fences. There was hundreds of them.

"That evac better get it's shit together" Jacob said, pulling out his gun.

The helicopter finally arrived. It was taking it's sweet time with landing. The Infected broke through the fence just as the helicopter hit the ground. We all piled on board, begging the pilot to take off. He eventually did, but letting an Infected grapple onto the rails below. Lara tossed a knife at it's skull, it went flying off the side and smacking against the ground. I was extremely impressed with Lara's skills.

"So what now?" Lara asked.

"We regroup and head to Moscow" I said, trying to talk over the roaring chopper blades.

It took us forever to get to Texas, but when we did, I made sure to kiss the ground. Base was a small Airport with Non rogue Military and members of the B.T.A.R.
As soon as I seen Lucy in the small waiting area, I went up to her and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Where's Luke" I asked.

She shook her head. "Only Scarlet and I made it back"

My insides shifted, my heart jumped. I was sad, but I knew he was somewhere better. I hugged Scarlet and went to gather weapons with the rest of the crew. We changed into our uniforms, got new holsters and gear and set off to a small plane that would take us to Moscow and back if we were lucky. It was nice to have the team back together, it was like an overdue family reunion. We boarded the plane and took our seats.

"We're heading right of the leader of Degeneration" Scarlet said. "His name is Vladimir Ilyich, he's a huge bastard. We kill him, we might be able to shut down the whole system" Scarlet said, shifting in the brown leather seat.

"So, Kill him, destroy the virus and shut down Degeneration for good" Jacob said. "Sounds like a good plan to me"

"A very good plan" Jill said.

The plane finally took off into the air. I went over tons of different scenarios in my head, killing him one way, killing him another. Maybe we shouldn't kill him and get answers, but maybe we should kill him. Every thought made my brain sizzle. Stick with the plan, kill the bastard, look what he did to the world, look what's happened to everyone I've loved. They're all dead because of him.

"Ready for this, Dylan?" Scarlet asked.

"Fuck yeah" I said.

Jacob grabbed my hand and smiled. "Let's put an end to this nightmare once and for all"

"Yeah" I said. "Once we destroy Degeneration, we can start focusing more on the outbreaks. It'll be easier to kill off the Infected once the virus is no longer spreading"
We were ready to kill him. The adrenaline pumped through our veins. I could see it in all of us. We all sat quietly for the next couple hours. I still went over the ten million scenarios in my head, but they all led to one. Killing him and I was definitely fine with that.

"Alright, let's get ready to land" Jill said.

We all buckled our seat belts and prepared for landing, it was rough but we made it through. It was deathly cold in Moscow this time of year, so heavy coats were required. I walked down the steps and out onto the runway. The cold seeped through the hood of my jacket and touched my skin, I shivered. It was colder than anything I've ever experienced. Time to stop this madness.