London Bridge Is Falling

No Calm After The Storm

In the midst of terror. I completely forgot I was bitten. I grabbed my parents hands and drug them into a small office.

"Stay down" I said calmly, not mentioning I was bit.

I walked out into the halls, watching everyone go crazy. I couldn't believe all of our hard work had gone to shit. How did the virus manage to be replicated again. What was the virus even made out of?
I grabbed the pistol on my side and aimed it around. There was too many of them, the Airport was overrun. I began to get lightheaded and I fell to the floor, my brain spinning.

"It's Dylan Hale, leader of the B.T.A.R" A man said, pointing a flashlight in my eyes. "Let's take him somewhere safe"

"My...Parents...Please...Help...the- them" I could barely make out my words.

"They're okay, we've got them"

I blacked out, when I awoke again, I strong wind touching my body. It was cold, after all, It is winter. I'm assuming the wind was coming from a Helicopter. I could hear the blades chopping against the crisp air. Once I was aboard, a woman came over to me. She checked my vitals and smiled brightly.

"Good to see you again" She said, her skin was a dark color, her hair was spirally and she wore a beautiful scarf. It was Selena...

I sat up quickly. "How are you...?"

"I was put in Cryostasis" She said. "After I was...Ya know. The Military found me before the bombing. And I think you'll be surprised. There's someone waiting for you at the base" She held my hand until we landed.

I wobbled out of the Helicopter, Selena held the left side of me, keeping my balance secure. She opened the door and the light blinded me. In sleeping chambers were Jill, Lara, Daniel, and at the very end...Jake.
He was beautiful, it looked like nothing even happened to him. I fell to my knees in front of him. I couldn't help the tears, they were flowing, I was crying harder than I've ever cried before.

"Dylan?" A female voice said.

I turned around and seen Scarlet and Lucy. I stood up and ran to them, pulling them into a warm embrace. It felt good to have my team back, it felt good to have my life back. The sleeping chambers started opening. I waited by Jake's impatiently. His finally opened and he slowly was laid on the floor. His eyes still closed. Knelt beside him and cradled him, running my fingers through his hair.

"Dylan" He said softly. His eyes opened wide and tears slid down his cheek. "How?"

"You were put in some sort of sleeping chamber that made you all better I guess...But don't question it, you're alive and with me" I pressed my lips hard against his.

A man walked in and directed us to a meeting room. We all gathered around and sat in black rolling chairs.
"Okay" He said, his voice was stern. "We've partnered up with the B.T.A.R. And we're going in to take down Vladimir Ilyich's partner. Now, we've brought back your original team, Dylan. They have all the memories up till the day they expired. They've been briefed on what happened and what's going on. But since we could only use the Cryostasis chambers once, there's no coming back after death"

Once we were done, we geared up in our B.T.A.R outfits and grabbed our weapons. Jake and Selena definitely looked bad-ass since they've never been in an outfit. Selena grabbed a machete and slid it down into the sheath attached to her back. Jake took a pistol, a machine gun and a knife. He put on black finger-less gloves and rubbed the B.T.A.R emblem that was sewn into the arm of his uniform.

"Pretty snazzy, Huh?" He asked Selena.

She laughed. "It's pretty great. I'm just glad to be back. Let's kill this jackass"

The man we talked to earlier, Ben is his name, Walked into the room. "The virus has spread once more. It's pretty much taking over the United States. It's a new strain that makes the Infected even harder. So be careful. We don't know where he is but we do know where some of his friends are. We're sending you to Atlanta...Remember...Stay safe, Stay alive. You're the best team the B.T.A.R has"

He put his hand on my shoulder and whispered in my ear. "Don't worry...You aren't Infected. We got the virus stabilized and destroyed before it could cause any harm"

"Thanks" I smiled.