London Bridge Is Falling

Effects of External Conditions

I awoke hanging upside down. I could feel something dripping from my head...Blood. I looked around. I was in a room, it was more like a cage though. The door was large and metal. I swung myself up and untied the rope, my body fell against broken glass and agony shot through my muscles. I crawled over to the wall and pushed myself up against it. Everything was still a little hazy but I could make out some things. It looked like a prison.

A man came to the door, he was dressed like a rebel, his hair mohawked and his teeth plated with gold.
"B.T.A.R" He said, smiling and laughing at the same time.

"Where are they?!" I pushed myself up and walked slowly over to the door.

"Safe" He said. "Unlike you"

"When I get out...See that blade in your hand? I'm gonna use it to cut your fucking head off!" I screamed.

He spit in my face and walked away. I slid down the door until I hit the floor and cried. This was all my fault, I had led them into this, I know I did!
I was still wearing all my gear but my weapons were gone, except for the knife in my hidden breast pocket. I pulled it out and flipped open the blade. I looked out the door, making sure no one was looking and then stuck the knife into the lock and began to turn it until it finally clicked. I slid the door open and grabbed my weapons that were on the table beside me. I walked down the hall, listening for anything out of the usual. I peered out a window. They danced around a girl tied to a poll. It wasn't one of us. One of the rebels dropped a torch and she went up in flames. I couldn't watch, she was burning alive. I continued on, most of the cells were empty and the ones that weren't, held weak, starving and lifeless people. I found Lucy and let her out.

"They're holding the others downstairs...They said something about Selena" She said.

"I'm not gonna let them touch her...Grab your gear"

We slowly made our way downstairs, silently killing anyone in our way. We found everyone except Selena. We were all armed again and ready to kill. We passed by a small window, there she was, Selena. She was tied down on a table while the rebels danced around her, holding knives in their hands.

"Move" Lara said, breaking the window and pulling out her rifle. She aimed for a few seconds then shot. One of them fell to the ground and the rest scattered.

We ran out into the small yard where Selena was and Lucy started to untie her. We all guarded them, protecting them with our lives. Out came a group of dirty, wild haired rebels. We all started shooting and one by one, they went down.

"Conserve ammo!" Daniel yelled.

Lara grabbed out a tomahawk and started chopping at the men. There was bloodshed everywhere. It was just red...an endless river of blood. Lucy finally got Selena untied and we ran for the exit. But the leader of the group stopped us. He stood there, looking at all of his people slaughtered.

"Son of a bitch!" He yelled. He pulled out his blade and pointed it at me. "You and me" He said.

I dropped my weapons and charged at him. I kneed him in the stomach and smacked my fist against his face. He sliced at me, only hitting me a few times. I pinned his arm down and knocked the blade out of his hand.

"I told you I was gonna kill you with this blade" I stabbed him over and over in the forehead. I closed my eyes...It was too violent, even for me...

We left the bodies and the bloodbath behind and continued on with our journey. Jake grabbed my hand. Behind us, the small prison was burning to the ground.