London Bridge Is Falling

True Religion Under Domestication

I couldn't breath, my lungs were heavy and filled with water. I couldn't find the top. I was lost in the seaweed, I was lost in the ocean. I bobbed up out of the waters. It was storming and the ocean was empty except for the rapid waves. Salt water pounded against my face. I gulped it down my throat and choked. Finally I awoke, I was laying on a bed in the back of the plane, Jill sitting next to me.

"Hey" She smiled. "You're awake"

"Yeah" I replied. "Where are we"

"Just passing through the cloak around London"

I looked out the window. The buildings looked untouched, but it was dark, empty and lifeless. London was destroyed, not by a bomb but by the virus. I leaned up and swung my legs over the side of the bed. My eyes burned from the bright lights in the plane.

"I'm sorry" Jill said. "I had no control..."

"It's okay, Jill. I promise"

She smiled and walked back upfront with the others. We landed in Wembley Stadium. The grass was overgrown, and brown. All the life had been sucked out of London, it was dull and hopeless. Jill wobbled out of the plane, still dizzy from the trance she was under. Jake and I walked out into the parking lot. I can see the spot where he died and I slowly turn away, the memory is too fragile.
We walk through the empty streets, I never thought I'd be returning to a place that I thought was destroyed. Jake intertwined his fingers with mine, the memories were flooding back into his brain. Infected lay on the street, dead. The midnight sky was beautiful and the cold air floated in and out of my lungs.

"So" Lucy said. "Where's the Infected?"

"Dead? Starved? I dunno" Selena replied. "They're around here somewhere"

We passed Regents Park, where Finn was supposed to meet us, but was shot down by rogue military. We passed Donna's apartment, the building Scarlet and Daniel helped us escape from and the train Jake and I almost died on. The memories poured in like a flood that could no longer be held back by walls.

"Where are we headed?" Veronika said, gun in her hand.

"Big Ben" Daniel replied. "The whereabouts of Ben led us here"

"And you're sure that's where we're supposed to go?" Jill asked.

He turned towards her and frowned. "I'm positive"

We walked across a bridge, Big Ben was just a couple hundred feet away. We readied ourselves and busted through the front door. Dead bodies lined the floor, blood stained the wall. These people were our own. B.T.A.R and Military. They were slaughtered. The smell of rotting flesh was intense, I pulled my shirt above my nose and took slow breaths. We stepped over the bodies, making our way to a small door on the other side of the room. Above the door, there was something written in blood.
'THE END IS VERY FUCKING NIGH'
I ignored it and opened the door. A hall appeared before me. It was dark until I took a step in, then lights littered the space. Like every other lab type thing, It was all white. White floors, white walls, white ceilings. The hall was long and it seemed like it took forever until we reached the other door. Behind door number two was a long cement ladder, a light bulb hung by a wire, just enough light to expose the peeling paint and roaches that scattered when I stepped down onto the first rung. I climbed all the way down and stepped into a small puddle of water.

"Every lab is fucking underground" Daniel said. "Kinda getting tired of this shit"

"We all are, Daniel" Selena laughed.

She was right, we all are.