London Bridge Is Falling

Facts About Science and Matter

We continue walking through the dark corridor. The musty smell enters my nose and sticks. I want to puke but there's nothing in my body to puke out. The ceiling drips with water, every so often, the sound of water taps against the cement floor. We're not alone here, I can feel it. I can feel everything. It's like the world has opened up inside of me. I take a deep breath and round the corner that leads to another hall. This time, it's actually lit with bright lights that blind my sore aching eyes. I look at my bony fingers. I never realized how skinny I've gotten, I look horrid. Jake is the same, he's skinny and fragile and can break at any moment. I want to scream, but I can't, I want to turn around and go home, but I can't. The fate of the world is not only resting on my shoulders, but the others too. We're broken beyond repair.

A door at the end of the hall opens automatically, like it new we were there. I take Jake's hand, I miss his embrace, I miss his warmth, I miss his lips connecting with mine. His presence calms my soul and I feel no longer alone, but loved. We walk through the door and inside is nothing but tables and lab equipment, a paradise for Lucy.

"Who the fuck are you guys?" A girl says, walking out of a room. She's small, and fragile. Her eyes sink into her head and black rings cover them, mostly from lack of sleep. Her hair is in a ponytail and she wears a green jacket with a grey undershirt and brown boots. She points a gun at us, she can't be older than 16.

"We're here for answers" Jake says, slowly raising his hands, signaling surrender.

"Yeah" She says. "Me too...Name's Ellie" She lowers her gun.

"We're looking for a guy named Ben-"

She interrupts me. "That bastard?" she says, sitting at a table. "He put me here...After the explosion. He wanted to turn me into some monster..."

"He did that to me" Jill said.

"Do you know where he went?" Selena asked.

"Fuck...Hell if I know. He just...vanished" Ellie replied. "Look...I have nowhere to go. Can I partner up with you guys?"

"Know how to shoot?" I asked.

"Yeah...I've had to shoot everyone I loved"

We made our way back out into the streets of London. Ben was gone, but he was definitely here somewhere. We aren't prepared for the battles to come, but we have to face them. My head thumps so hard, I feel like I could pass out.

"Shit!" Ellie yells. "Infected!"

We take off, our shoes smacking against the asphalt. Then Daniel goes down and the horde follows with him and so does Scarlet. They both die in a matter of seconds. But we can't let it slow us down. Lara leads, she's always ahead of us and she's always the first to find safety. But this time, there is no safety. It's just us and the open road. My lungs burn and I fall to the pavement, gasping for air. Ellie is the only one that stays behind with me. The others continue to run, I don't blame them.

"Get up" She says. "Get the fuck up, Dylan. They're coming!" She tries to drag me, but it's impossible.

"Go" I say quietly. She hesitates for a few seconds then finally concedes.

I lay lifeless on the road and the infected must think I'm dead, because they run right passed me. And that's all I remember.

I awake in a bed. The smell in this room isn't the best. I walk out of the room and down the wooden stairs that have a brown carpet laid on them. In the kitchen is tall, thin and blonde haired man. He turns towards me, his flannel shirt unbuttoned halfway.

"Afternoon" He says, smiling. "I hope you're hungry"

"Where am I?" I ask

"I got you off the road. We're a few feet away from where I found you. You're lucky to be alive" He says, cooking something on the stove.

"Have you seen my group?" I asked.

"I seen them run off. My name is Finn"

"Finn!" I say surprised. "Scarlet's partner?"

"Yeah?" He replied.

"They told us you died" I said.

"No...They held me captive. I escaped"

I know I must do to save the human race. Kill Ben, kill everyone that works for him.