London Bridge Is Falling

Facts About Religion and Science

The next morning, we search for the rest of the team. The streets are empty and the Infected that once roamed them, are gone. I can't be mad at them for leaving me, they were just trying to stay alive. I twist and turn the marble in my pocket. I stole it from the lab, it sends calmness throughout my body. I'm not so sure what to do, where to look, where to go. I know they must be hiding in one of the houses alongside the road. We search and search but have no luck. Our luck has always been short. I look up at the sunlight, it doesn't even know we're here, no one knows we're here. We are still hidden by the cloak. I have to destroy it, but how? How can you destroy something that you cannot see or touch?

I hear faint sounds. It's coming out of a building. It sounds like screams of a young girl. I can't focus on anything but her screams. They're so small, so fragile and I can't help but to think it's Ellie. I bust through the front. Sweat beads from my forehead as I search each room. And when I reach the bedroom upstairs, I see not only a scared little girl, but a survivor. I know her and she knows me. It's Ellie. She tries to say my name but throat is so dry, she can't make out any words. The tears pour down her face as I pick her up off the floor. She's broken, not only physically but also mentally. I let her recover, but we're soon back on the road, searching for the others.

"I have an idea" Finn says, pointing at the Tesco beside us and smiling.

"This is no time" I snap at him.

"Dylan...C'mon" Ellie says, pulling me along.

We enter the store and grab carts, not caring if there's anything inside the store. Ellie goes down the chocolate isle and I make my way to the canned foods. I ride the cart like I used to do when I was young. I fly by Ellie and she hops on her cart too. Soon enough, we're riding the carts around the store, laughing and not thinking about what's happened...not caring about what's happened. Finn leaves his credit card at the checkout and we make our way back to the road. We had abandoned hope, we thought we'd never find them. After all seemed hopeless, we entered the last house of the day and there they were. Gathered in the living room. Jake instantly stood when he seen my face. He walked towards me and wrapped his arms tight around me. I pushed him off and gave him a look of disgust, a look of betrayal.

"No" I said. "You don't get anything, Jake. You left me behind"

"I...I'm sorry" He said, inching away from me.

"We didn't know what to do" Selena said softly.

"I'm not mad at you guys. I'm mad at the guy that I thought loved me. I smashed your head with a rock, Jake. You make it seem so easy to leave someone behind!" Before I knew it, my fist met his jaw and he fell to the floor.

Jake understood my anger and he kept his distance for the rest of the night. I laid upstairs in the bed, alone. My head was spinning from all the thoughts running through my brain. I could only think about Ellie's screams, what she must have been going through when she was alone and helpless. The door opened slightly and Jake crept in.

"Dylan"

"Go away" I said.

"I know you're mad at me. I got scared" He sat down in the bed. "I love you, Dyl"

"I know" I replied, rolling over and looking at him. "I just...I dunno"

Then he kisses me and it's like nothing else matters. It's just me and him. The world seems to just dissipate as his lips continue to touch mine. I ball his hair in my fist and pull him closer. He pulls away and takes off his shirt. And here it comes, my escape, my rush. He knows how to make everything seem pointless. We're both craving this, the escape, the heart pounding, the blood flow. There's nothing separating us now. Our sweaty bodies rub together and my mind drifts off to somewhere else, somewhere filled with euphoria, a place filled with nothing but happiness.