London Bridge Is Falling

Destroyed Hearts

The sun began to set as we got closer to Wembley. We couldn't afford to lose anymore of our people, we were supposed to save humanity, not let it die.
We stand outside of the Stadium and wait for the gate to open. I aim my pistol as it slowly slides to the right.
Inside is a man, he's about 19 and he's well dressed and handsome.

"I'm Collin" He says, extending his hand. "And this is Arizona, my sister" She waves and smiles.

"I'm Dylan. This is Sen, Jo, Lara, Selena and Jill"

"Hi" Arizona says, walking towards us. She has long brown curly hair and hazel eyes. "You guys have a doctor? I'm in med-school..."

"We could use one" Selena says, smiling. She's always so inviting and caring, even when it's not necessary.

"You guys have any plans?" Collin asks.

"Not currently..." I reply.

"B.T.A.R" He says, pointing to my badge. "I don't see much of them anymore"

"This is what's left" I say, frowning.

I unpack our stuff and we make camp in the untamed grass. I still can't wrap my mind around Lucy's death, it's not right...it shouldn't have happened. I open a can of peas and scoop them out with a plastic spoon. They're not the best but it's all we have. I get to know the two survivors. Collin is a city boy from Manchester and Arizona is in college to be a surgeon, she was training in the hospital when the outbreak happened. They've both been struggling to survive, but who isn't now? It's not just a quick save anymore, this virus may never end.
I Lay back in the grass and look at the stars. They're beautiful, they're carefree. Selena lays down beside me and takes my hand.

"It sucks, Dylan. But like Emily said, it's up to us to save humanity"

"I know" I say. "I just don't know how"

"Well, there has to be someone that's still creating the virus. What about a Neo-Eo group?" She asks.

"I don't think so. They were all killed off. But maybe Degeneration has other branches out there somewhere. We just have to find them"

"Possibly" She says, leaning up. "We'll figure it out. We always do" She pats my back and gets into her sleeping bag.

"Yeah" I say quietly. "We always do"

I close my eyes and dream of Jake again. He's falling from the top of the London Eye. There's nothing I can do. I can't more or speak, he dies over and over in front of me. Then it's back to Lucy. Her brains splatter on the ground and all I can do is cry over her body. I can't change the past. She's dead...He's dead. I wake up in a pool of sweat and slam my head back down on my pillow. I hate these nightmares, but I'll continue to have them till the end of time.