London Bridge Is Falling

During The Storm

"Get down!" Sen screams, his voice ringing through my ears.

Wales is not safe, it's a military battleground. Lara falls to the dirt, aiming her gun over the slab of concrete she hides behind. We're all in a battle now. I see blood splatter against the grass, turning it red. It's Arizona. She sits behind the concrete with Lara, her leg bleeds rapidly.

"I need a med kit!" She screams.

"Sen, I'll take Arizona to the truck. Keep me covered!" I say, slowly picking her up.

I run down the road with her in my arms, her face is pale and her eyes roll back in her head. I can't stop running even if I wanted to, my adrenaline keeps me going. Then I tumble to the ground, tossing her out of my arms. She rolls a few feet away from me, still bleeding. I feel the sting in my back, an agonizing weight on my body. I was shot.
I pull my body close to her and grab her hand tight. This might be the end of me, the end of her. Everything goes dark but I come to a few minutes later. Arizona hovers over me, her hands moving quick. I feel her roll me over and lift up my shirt. She does something that shoots branches of pain throughout my body, then it's dark again.

"Wake up" A voice calls out. "C'mon"

"Huh?" I say, confused.

"It's time to go, silly" The voice is Ellie.

I'm in a room, it's bright and filled with nothing but white. I take a few steps forward and see Scarlet. She stands there with a white flowing dress and her hair moves with the wind, beside her is Daniel. He's wearing white too. Then Jill and Lucy appear and finally...Jake. They're all a group of white blobs. Jake extends his hand and smiles.

"It's time" He says, smiling.

But before I could grab his hand, my eyes shoot open and I'm being drug down the road. Sen, Lara, Collin and Selena are in front of me, shooting endlessly. Arizona is the one dragging me, despite her bleeding wound, she still worries about the others rather than herself. My legs are picked up by Selena. Her face is dirty and sweaty and her eyes are focused contentedly on me. They toss me into the back of a truck. It must be a military Humvee because the windows are small and square. Selena climbs inside and makes her way to the gun mounted on top, the others manage to squeeze their way into the car. Sen is driving, like always. We speed down the road while Selena shoots thousands of bullets at our enemies.

"Where are we going" I ask, barely making out the words.

"Somewhere safe...we don't know yet. Get some sleep" Collin smiled and looked back out the window.

I close my eyes and fall asleep. When I awake, the Humvee is stopped and everyone is gone. I lean up, there's still pain but not too much. I slowly open the door and step into sand. We're at the beach. The tides crash against the sand, the fresh air is fulfilling. The others sit in chairs by a fire. I slowly walk up beside Collin and sit down.

"It's about time you woke up" Selena smiles. "Feeling better?"

"Yeah" I say. "Much better. Arizona, how's the leg?"

"Good. It healed up pretty quick"

"Where are we?" I ask.

"Dover" Sen replies. "We're staying at the castle with a bunch of other survivors. You've been out for a few days but we decided to bring you here so it wouldn't be scary for you when you awoke"

"So, there's other people?" I ask.

"A bunch. A girl named Denise found us and took us in" Jo said, eating a sandwich.

"The castle is huge and it has pretty good defenses. There's not nearly enough people to fill the castle though" Lara says. She looks better, she doesn't look as beat up and worn out.

Maybe the castle will be good for us, or maybe it wont. Either way, I'll have to find out for myself.