London Bridge Is Falling

Cry for Help

The next day comes fast. It's cold and the fire went out during the night. Everyone packs up their bags and gets ready to set off for the day. The snow continues to come down hard, it's more than flurries, it's almost a blizzard. We just have to find a car and leave New York, there's nothing here for us. Lara pulls out her pick and stabs it into the cliff side.

"I'm gonna climb up here and check things out" She says, climbing slowly.

"Be careful, Lara" I smile. I know she'll be fine, she can take care of herself.

"I can see something!" She yells. "There's a truck up here"

We all climb up and scout the area. There's a few small houses and cars scattered around the road. The only one that looks big enough is a box truck. It'll have to do. Lara is in the truck, trying to get it started. But before she can, a pack of infected appear. They're more evolved and vicious.

"They've evolved perfectly in the snow!" Emily yells.

"Oh god. Hurry up, Lara" Selena yells, grabbing the machete from her sheath.

Everyone is in a panic. These aren't like the infected Emily mentioned, but she does seem to know her way around the anatomy of them.

"What are these?" I ask her.

"I'm not sure. I've never seen these ones. Just call them Yeti"

"Sounds great" I roll my eyes and prepare to battle.

Selena is the first to cut into one of the new infected. Her blade get's stuck in it's shoulder and she yanks it out right before more swarm her. Sen is the next one to take a swing at another infected. I join Lara in the front of the car and take charge. I put the wires together and the engine roars to life.

"Everyone in!" Lara yells.

I jump into the back and help everyone in. Sen slips into the front seat and puts the truck into drive. Emily is still trying to catch up, we can't slow down, she knows that. I reach my hand out and grab a hold of her. She jumps inside and take's a deep breath. But before I could pull the sliding door down, a yeti grabs my shoulder and tosses me out. I roll down a hill and smack my head off of a sharp rock. I touch my fingers to the wound, it's gushing blood. I slowly crawl towards a small drainage pipe and hide in there. I eventually black out.

When I awake, the snow has stopped and my head throbs. I make my way out of the pipe and slowly walk up the hill. I'm completely unarmed and vulnerable. I hear screams in the distance and then take off towards the closest house. I bust in through the front door of a two story house and start putting stuff in front of all the exits and entries. I pull the blinds down on the bottom floor and then cautiously make my way up the stairs. There's nothing here, dust covers almost every inch of the rooms. I find a bloody ax on the floor and beside of it is a body with no head. I dry heave and put my shirt over my mouth. I slowly open up the window and dump the body out. It smashes against the frozen ground and bleeds out. I grab the ax and walk into the next room. It's a child's room. It's filled with toys and a small bed is in the middle of the room. A babies bed.

I look out the window, there's no sign of the others, they didn't even bother to turn around. But I don't blame them, they did what they had to do. Suddenly there's a bang on the door downstairs, more than one bang. I run to the other room and look out the window. There's infected surrounding the body that I pushed out the window. Something comes from downstairs and grapples onto my back. It's a Viral, a recently turned infected, they're fast and dangerous. I pull it off and slam it against the floor. It jumps up and pushes me against the railing. I can hear the wood starting to crack. It eventually does and I go tumbling down from the top floor. I land on something sharp and it goes through my back and out my stomach. I just lay there, taking in what just happened, I can't breathe, the pain is too much. The infected is still alive. So I do what I have to do and pull myself up off the metal piece. It's agonizing but I have to kill it. I grab the ax off the floor. It's heavy and I can barely hold it. I kick the infected and lift the ax up a little bit and then let it fall. It chops into the infected's neck just enough to separate the tendons and when it stands, it's head falls off.

The infected are still banging at the door. I walk back up the stairs, it's like climbing a mountain but I have to do it. I go back to the room with the babies bed and open up the window. There's no infected out there so I leap out. I hit the ground and just look up at the sky. I feel my end coming but I will myself to get up and walk. The snow started back up, harder than before. I press my hands against my wound. I can feel the blood seep through my fingers. The wind is blowing so hard, I can barely stay on my feet. My vision starts to blur and I fall to my knees and eventually go face first into the snow...