London Bridge Is Falling

Everything We Had To Do

It wasn't like I didn't have a gut feeling that Dylan was being eaten alive by runners or shrinkers, but I had to shake the thought and find him. I bust through the front door and there he is, laying on the floor, crying.

"Dylan!" I yell, putting my hand over his mouth. "You'll attract them!"

"It hurts!" He yells. "It fucking hurts, oh god!" He's holding the wound in pain, I don't know what to do for him.

"I'm going to find medicine, be quiet!" I push him back into the small storage room and shut the door. He'll be ok, he has to be.

I walk back outside, letting the cold surround my face. I remember when the glass was stuck in me, It was the worst feeling ever, but I had to get through it, I couldn't leave my team behind. I see the man in the coat entering a house nearby, it's my perfect chance to find out who he is and get supplies, he has to have something. I trek lightly, making sure he doesn't hear me. I slowly turn the handle on the door and push it open. The musty air fills my nose, it reminds me of times not so bad. And then a bat cracks against my back and I fall to the ground.

"Are you crazy?!" He asks, looking out the windows. "You could've brought them right to me"

"Nice to meet you too" I say sarcastically, pushing myself up.

"What do you want?"

"I need medicine" I say while he still looks around outside.

"Yeah?" He chuckles. "I need a way back to Virginia"

"What's there?"

"A city" He says. "With a lot of people"

"Bullshit" I laugh.

"Not what your friends said. They're heading there now"

"A girl and a guy?" I ask.

"They wandered away from that crash. I'm a nice guy, I'll give you some medicine" he reaches into his bag and pulls out a vial of something and a needle.

"Two times you've saved my ass...I really appreciate it" I grab it out of his hand.

"Names Noah" he pulls down his hood. He's gorgeous with curly brown hair. "You should head towards Virginia. It's safe there"

"If you need anything, just ask" I smile and ease my way out the door. I feel his eyes on me until I enter the house.

I open the storage closet door, Dylan is asleep again. I get the needle and fill it up with the medicine. I pull up his shirt and stick the needle in his stomach, he clinches his hands, but nothing more. His breathing eases and he doesn't seem to be in as much pain. As night comes, I see a flicker of light dancing around in the house a few yards down. I feel safer having him around, even if I don't know him that well. As I glance over, I see a line of infected entering his house. I spring into action, grabbing my pick and shutting the storage door. The cold instantly scratches my skin but I ignore it, the adrenaline is pushing me. The door is busted down and blood covers every inch of the living room. The kitchen is empty except for a blood trail that leads up the stairs.

I make my way up and look around, there's nothing in the first two rooms and then a thump comes from the room beside me. I bust through the door and see three infected attacking Noah. He's pinned to the floor with no weapon. I swing my pick and see the blood spray from it's head. One down. I push the other one off of him and stab it until it's dead. Two down. The last infected jumps at me but my fist slams against it's face, I can hear it's neck snap. And then my pick slices through it's skull. Three down.
I hold out my hand and help him up.

"Lara: 3, Zombies: 0" I laugh, but he doesn't find it amusing.

"Thanks" he says, taking deep breaths. "You need to leave"

"But..."

He interrupts. "Now!"

I do as he says and leave. I look back at the house as I make my way back to mine. There's a flicker, then a flame and the house goes up like paper. He's burning down the house...for what?