London Bridge Is Falling

What Was Done Is Not In Nature

"C'mon" I say, picking Dylan up off the floor.

"Where are we going? He asks painfully.

"I'll explain later"

I carry him to the door and look out the window. The house is still burning down and the infected are starting to gather. What was his plan?
I swing open the front door and make my way down to the porch steps, dragging Dylan along. There's a car down the street, I'm assuming it's Noah's. I open the back door and put Dylan inside, he's still confused but he goes along with it. I hop in the front seat and find the keys in the visor, I'm sure he won't miss his car too much. I put it in drive and take off. The snow slows down the car but it manages to take us all the way to a bridge and then breaks down. I don't know how I'm supposed carry Dylan to Virginia. There's no way I can. I sit in the car with my head on the steering wheel, thinking of what I could do. I start to cry, there's no hope left in my body, no courage, only sacrifice. I have to get him to Virginia even if it means losing my life. I get parts of the car and make them into a small sled, big enough for Dylan's body. I lay him down on it and begin pulling the sled. I'm not even sure where Virginia is, but I'll find my way.

The snow is caked on the bridge, it's slippery and each step is worse than the last. All I want to do is get Dylan to safety but I know no where is safe anymore. I pull as hard as I can, he is pretty heavy. My shoulders eventually start to burn. I feel bad for taking Noah's car but I had to, things have changed and I have to do what I have to do. Finally, I make it across the bridge and end up close to a small gas station. I bust through the front door and quickly look left, then right. The place is empty, there's just a few cans of peas laying around and what looks like a bed. It's been abandoned for awhile. I remove blankets from my backpack and cover Dylan then lay down next to him. I'm so tired and worn out from everything that's been going on. I can't think straight anymore.
I awake a little bit later and see Dylan eating a can of peas.

"You're awake" I say surprised.

"Yeah. I didn't wanna wake you"

"Feeling any better?" I ask.

"I'm okay. I think I need more rest. I'll be fine" he smiles and lays back down, falling asleep slowly.

I can't get back to sleep so I sit and stare out the window beside me. It's dark outside, no lights, there's nothing. It's like the world will never be restarted. It's gotten colder and there's been no sign of infected for a few hours. I look over at Dylan, he's sleeping so peacefully. Then I notice something on his wrist, his veins are dark purple...his immune system is working too hard on his wound, it doesn't have time to hold back the virus. It's not looking too good for him.