London Bridge Is Falling

Dead On The Water From Above

I awoke a few hours later, Scarlet peeking out the small hole in the door, Daniel sleeping comfortably beside Donna and the other two survivors huddled together. Jake was awake, staring at the ceiling.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey, I just couldn't wake you up, you looked so cute" He smiled.

"I'm glad you're okay, Jake" I kissed his cheek.

I rolled off of him and leaned against the wall.

"Everything okay out there, Scarlet?"

"Eh" She said. "A few infected passing by, no big deal" She smiled and looked at me.
"You and Jake are made for each other"

"We've been together since eighth grade. I dunno what I'd do without him"

A voice called out on the small walkie-talkie on Scarlet's bullet proof vest.

"Scarlet?" The man asked.

"Finn"

"Thank god you're alive. But you wont be for long if you don't get your ass out of there"

"Why, what's going on?" She asked.

"The remaining Military forces are sending in the firing squad. You have ten minutes"

I stood up, grabbed our bags and headed for the door. Jake followed. Daniel awoke and got everyone else packed.

"Okay, the fairgrounds should be far enough outside of the blast zone" Scarlet said as she opened the door.

She went out first, then the rest of us. We ran down the empty streets. The sun was setting quickly, it was still beautiful. We stopped at a large fence and watched the jets fly over us.

"Alright, we only have a few minutes, everyone over the fence"

I jumped over and helped Scarlet, her leg was still injured. Once we were all over, it was time to start running, not slow paced running, but all out life or death running. My lungs burned, I was about to pass out. We ran passed a small narrow bridge and hit a field of wheat and tall grass. Scattered around was trucks with fairground booths attached to them.

"Everyone down!" Daniel yelled.

We threw ourselves into the tall grass and braced for impact. It was only a matter of seconds. I felt the ground shake and the sky lit up like the sun was just rising. We all watched as the city burned.

"Sector One is down" A man said over the radio. "Infection contained"

A few hours passed, the city was still in flames. Jake grabbed my hand.

"All we need to do is get to Wembely, we can make it, Dyl" He kissed my lips then went back to watching the city burn. Our romantic vacation turned into a nightmare.

"Everyone, be quiet" Scarlet said, turning her ear into the darkness. "Shit, Infected. Move!"

We all jumped up and ran through the weeds. The girl beside me had a look of terror on her face, her hair flung wildly with each step she took. I wondered if she had anyone left, if she was the only one that survived. Jake ran close behind me. Donna Chang leading the pack. Daniel stopped for a few seconds and fired off some rounds, then went back to running. We entered a small park, not stopping for a second. We continued running down a street that hadn't been touched by the bombing. I'm assuming this was sector two.

"Up there!" Jake yelled, pointing to a ladder. Scarlet was the first up, Jake, Daniel, the girl, Donna, me and another boy. He got pulled down when he reached the ladder. In a matter of seconds, he was spewing out blood and making awful screeching noises. We were safe from the Infected, for the time being.

"Scarlet, Daniel, come in" Finn said.

"We're here" She replied.

"Where's here?" He asked.

"Sector two"

"You better be here by tomorrow or I'm leaving"

"Copy that" Scarlet said, shutting off her radio.

We were surrounded, stuck and losing hope quickly.