London Bridge Is Falling

Gates

I hear him whisper "Please forgive me" as he runs away. I can't believe he did that, shot me and left me for dead. Someone I trusted and looked up to, now I know what he truly is...a coward. I'm not dying here, when I catch Dylan, I will kill him.
I crawl into the hardware store nearby and lock the doors behind me. I need to find something to stop the bleeding. I rip a hole in my jeans where the wound is and examine it. It's all the way through, missing anything important. I crawl to a section of the store where it has cloth and other things. I rip open a bag of cleaning wipes and dab the wound. I press my teeth together, letting the pain dance throughout my body. I grab clean cloths and wrap them around my leg. And now it's time to stand. I grab a shelf and pull myself up, putting little pressure on my leg. It hurts, it's like nothing I've ever felt before, but I must push through it.

I am in a hardware store. I grab an ax and tie some rope around it so I can throw it over my shoulder. I fill up a small bag with knives and everything I need. As I walk towards the front doors, I see something glorious, something beautiful...a chainsaw. I check the gas, there's only a little but it should get the job done. I go and get goggles and a face mask, so no blood gets in my eyes or mouth. Now I'm ready. I grab the chainsaw, pull the cord and rev it up. I kick open the doors and scream at the top of my lungs, alerting the infected. I could have just slipped out the back door unnoticed but I need to take my anger out on something and the infected are a good way to blow off steam.

I slice the chainsaw into one infected, it cuts through like butter and the blood sprays everywhere. The monster falls to the ground and I'm drenched in blood, breathing heavily. I'm so angry, I can't see straight. I see red lines in my eyes. I chainsaw for the next 20 minutes and then when I'm done, I hold the weapon in my left hand, look up to the sky and scream. I can feel the blood drip from my hair onto my hands. I drop the chainsaw and head in Dylan's direction. I pull off the face coverings and breathe the fresh air. I'm wobbling down the road, hoping I run into Dylan so I can shove the ax into his face. His eyes showed no remorse when he shot me and I'll show none when I'm stabbing him. I stop walking and collapse to the ground, looking at my bloody hands. The tears began to flow, I can't stop them. I look like a bloody blob in the middle of the street. And then I feel something burning in my stomach. I fall to the ground, my head hitting the pavement. I feel blood pour out the corner of my mouth. My vision blurs and my breathing slows.

"Got one!" A man yells. "It was just laying there!"

"Oh god" Another man says, I can make out a boot in front of my face. "It's a girl...not infected"

"We need to get her to Joyce!"

I'm carried off and that's all I remember. I awake In a room, it's white , everything's white. I sit up a little to quick and the pain shoots through my veins. There's about five different tubes attached to me, I pull them all out and swing my legs over the bed. My bare feet touch the cold floor. I'm wearing a hospital gown, my hair is frizzy but clean, and there's no longer blood on my skin. I open the door and ease my way out into the hall, looking left then right. I get a few steps down the corridor then fall to my knees. They pain is too much to handle. I feel a hand touch my shoulder and I twist around fast, grabbing the hand.

"I know how you feel" A woman says. She's old and fragile, much like my grandmother. "I'm Joyce" She smiles.

"Where am I?" I ask.

"At the only working Hospital in Virginia. I'm very sorry, our scouts thought you were a roamer"

"Who's the fucker that shot me?"

She laughs. "He's been taken care of...Now, come with me"

"Okay" I say, standing up. She grabs my hand and takes me down a long hallway. We enter a room that says 'Gathering Hall'

"What is this?" I ask.

"It's how we greet our newcomers. A nice feast"

"Thanks I guess" I say, brushing the hair out of my eyes.

"I'll leave you to it. Come see me when you're done eating"

I enter the line, I'm the only one here wearing a hospital gown, I can feel everyone's eye's on me. This is too normal for me, too good. But I have to accept it. I'm leaving as soon as I heal up.