London Bridge Is Falling

Words

I'm running, but running from what. She's dead, she has to be dead. No..I know she's dead. I don't know if I have remorse, I don't know what I feel. I'm just a hollow shell.
I run until my legs can't support me any longer. I fall fall to the ground and scrape my chin across the pavement. And then the tears come, I don't know why I'm crying, I don't feel bad for shooting her. I saved myself and that's all that matters. My mind is scattered, I'm not this person, I can't be this person. If Jake could see me now, he'd never forgive me. I left a friend, a teammate behind...behind to die.
I push myself off of the ground and look up to the sky, watching the clouds gather, they're puffy grey clouds, they're almost demonic. The first drop of rain touches my face and slides down my cheek. Then a downpour drenches me. I let it. It feels like it's cleansing my soul, destroying all the bad I've done.

"Hey!" A voice calls out. "You should probably get out of that rain" He smiles.

"O-okay" I stand slowly and walk towards him. His ashy blonde hair swept over like a wave in the ocean, his eyes blue like the sky. And now...now I'm hit with the guilt. I can't tell him I just shot my friend and left her there for the infected to kill her.

I enter a small store and he shuts the door behind him, clicking on the perimeter lights which are bright UV lights. He hands me a small bag of chips and a can of juice.

"It's basically all I have" He says. "I'm Joseph"

"I'm-"

"I know who you are. Dylan Hale, leader of the B.T.A.R"

Yeah, only if he knew what I've done. I'm no leader anymore. "Not anymore" I say.

"Why's that?"

"There's nothing anymore. No savior, no rescue, it's all gone and so is the B.T.A.R"

"No it's not" He smiles.

"What?" I ask.

"I believe a girl you know is in charge now. I believe her name is-"

"Lara" I interrupt him. The thoughts going through my mind are endless. I don't know if I'm angry or if I'm happy she's leading. She's leading false hope.

"She's in London. She just took down a Hive of Neo-eo rebels. She's basically leading an army. It's great"

"She's leading my army" Now the steam rolls out of my ears. I'm angry at her, I wan't to dethrone her. "She never was the leader"

"But she's a co-leader. Once the leader steps down, the co-leader takes over. And you don't seem to be doing a good job at leading"

"Fuck off" I say. "It's none of your Damn business"

"It is" He points a gun at me. "I'm one of the B.T.A.R top operatives. Sent here to find you" He cracks the gun against my skull and then everything goes blank.