London Bridge Is Falling

Life

I'm standing on the ground, it's shifting and pulling apart and on the other side is Jake, reaching for my hand. No time to think. I jump to him, grabbing his hand before falling to my death. He smiles at me, not helping me up.

"You're an evil human" He says, tears now rolling down his cheek.

"I did what I had to do to survive. Help me up!"

"If I did that, Dylan. You'd be dead"

His grip lets go and I fall, just before I hit the ground, I'm jolted back to reality. The light is blinding and my eyes don't adjust right away. I'm being pulled out of a car and escorted into a large building with thick cement walls around it. There's tons of people here, men, women, doctors, scientists. The front doors swing open, exposing the marble flooring. I recognize some of the people here, they're B.T.A.R.
I'm taken into an elevator which shoots upward, making my knees weak. The doors slide open with a 'Ding' I'm walked down a few more hallways and finally into an office.

"Dylan" A voice says.

"Yes?" My voice cracks, making me sound little, weak.

"I knew you weren't dead" She says, turning around in her chair. It's Lara.

"What was with the knocking me out thing?"

"I needed you here without a fuss" She smiles. "I know what you did to Emily. Not very leader-ish"

"I did what I had to do" I crack my knuckles, easing the stress on my brain.

"I didn't bring you here so you can dwell" She says.

"Why am I here, Lara?!" I snap and fly forward, only to be stopped by a large man, a body guard.

"Sit down" She says, and I instantly do. Like a dog, I obey. "There is a civil war about to happen"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"The Government has been buying the virus off of many different companies and now they plan to mix the virus together with the blood from different types of infected. Making one big fuck storm. Once released, all human life will cease to exist"

"Why should I be worried, I'm immune"

"You're on file" She says. "Ben put you in the system. They'll hunt you down and kill you"

"So lets stop them. How much time do we have?" I ask.

"A week or two. We still don't know. Oh and Dylan...there's someone here you might wanna meet"

I hear the door open behind me and all I can think about is Emily, I left her to die, I left my partner, a friend. I left her to die. I turn around, the figure standing in front of me is beautiful. She has long blonde hair in a pony-tail, a B.T.A.R. outfit and black combat boots. It's Jill. I let my emotions go, wrapping my arms around her, feeling the tears run down my face.

"I thought you died"

"After I was stabbed, I blacked out. I managed to escape and hide. Then I seen that lab burn down...I knew it was one of you guys" She smiled. "Let me look at you"

She's just going to see the scar above my right eyebrow, the slice in my lower lip, the purple circles under my eyes, my bruised collarbones, the jagged scar that starts at my chin and ends at the bottom of my neck. But she smiles, happy to see me.

"You look like hell" She says, laughing.

"I've been through it" I say, slowly sitting down in the leather chair in front of me. And for a second, all the pictures of the past few years flash in my head, like a sore memory I want to get rid of but can't.
"I don't know if I can do this" I say, wiping tears off my face.

"You can...you have to" Lara says, trying to encourage me.

"This is the final hoorah, Dylan. We stop the Government, we can stop the other companies" Jill smiles.

They're right. This could be the final battle. Or there could be many more to come...