London Bridge Is Falling

Gold

I stop in the middle of the road and lay my head on the steering wheel. I'm alone and I'll be alone till my death. I look in my mirror, seeing a truck headed my way. Before I can get the car into drive, I'm pulled out and a sack is stuck on my head. I'm like this for a few hours and then I'm thrown onto the ground, it's soft so it must be something padded. I pull off the sack and look up and see...Dylan.

He looks at me, fear in his eyes. I run towards him, my mind set on killing him. I swing my left fist at him and he dodges it, kneeing my side. He's stronger than I thought. I tackle him to the ground and start hitting his face as hard as I can. He flips me over and knocks me in the jaw.

"Alright kids" A voice says. "Needed to get that out of your system" It's Lara.

"Not so pretty with your face fucked up, huh?!"

"How's your jaw?" He snaps back.

"I'm not the one that left you to die. Piece of shit!"

"Enough!" Lara yells, walking towards us.

"And there's queen bee herself" I say, dabbing blood from my jaw.

For the next few hours, Lara tells me the plan and what the Government is about to do. She introduces me to Jill, she's basically a legend. Then night comes and I'm able to sleep peacefully. Everyone has changed so much. Lara thinks she's queen, Dylan is an asshole and I'm pretty sure I've gone mad. All these emotions running through my brain, I don't think I'm ready to take down a whole Government. I stare at the ceiling, thinking a million things but I get up. I swing my lets over the side of the bed and reach into the coffee table and pull out a picture of my mom and dad.

"What got me here, mom?" I ask. I know she won't reply. I just need closure.

I smooth out my hair with my fingers then slip out into the hallway. It's lit with lights that are built into the wall just above the floor. I walk to the sun room and watch the B.T.A.R. shoot at infected. They're constantly doing it. Before I got to the Dover castle, I watched my friend Nico get ripped apart by a pack of runners. There was nothing I could do. The burden lives with me.

"Hey" A voice calls out.

I jump, startled. "Hi" I reply. It's Dylan.

"Emily"

"Save it. I don't want to hear your excuses. You did what you had to do" I look back out the window, trying to ignore him.

"I'm sorry" He says.

"Look!" I turn towards him. "If you were truly sorry, you wouldn't have shot me in the FUCKING LEG!"
All I want to do is cry, fall to my knees and beg God to take me. But I can't, I can't just give up, I can't even think about giving up.

Then there's an explosion in the sun room, shards of glass fly through the air, slicing every area of exposed skin on my body. I fall to the floor and slowly crawl towards the hallway. Once I'm out of the sun room, I run and get some proper clothes on and grab the pistol out of my bag. I meet Jill back in the hall and we ease our way back to the sun room.

"What's going on?!" I ask.

"The Neo-Eo are attacking us" She says. "They're Bio-evolutionists, praise the virus" She crouches down behind a chair and takes aim.

"I'm going to find Dylan!"

I run out of the sun room into a crowd of B.T.A.R. members. They're everywhere, preparing for battle. Drawing the infected closer. Then another explosion and I'm sent flying into a wall. My body feels like every bone has broken and my ears ring horribly. I can hear myself calling Dylan's name, but why? I wanted him dead but I also wanted him alive. My legs are wobbly and my head pounds. I see Dylan at the end of the hall, stabbing a man dressed in blue. I yell his name but he can't hear me. I'm smacked across the face then pushed to the ground. Another man dressed in blue was now attacking me. I back up against the wall and put up my arms, trying to defend myself. I'm hit until the point of passing out, but my savior comes. Dylan tackles him to the ground and hits him over and over until blood spews from his skull.

"Dy-" I can barely form words.

"Don't say anything. I'm gonna get you somewhere safe"

"O-Okay" I reach out my arms and wrap them around his neck. My head falls back and everything is upside down. That's all I remember before I black out.