London Bridge Is Falling

Visions

The sun barely breaks through the clouds that gather around the building. A dreary day for war. As the Neo-Eo group get closer, I get nervous. I used to think that I could take on anything, but I know I can't. I look over at Emily that guards the front entrance along with Jill. Joseph stands next to me, aiming his gun. But it's not enough to just aim. A bullet slices through the force field and into his brain. The barrier starts breaking apart, like a chip in a broken window, spiderwebbing out.

"They have snipers on the roof nearby!" Jill yells.

"Fuck. Infected!" Lara screams.

For a moment, I'm dazed. I watch the infected pile through the door that I guard. Virals, the fast relentless ones. One grapples onto be and at this point, I don't even care what happens to me, but someone apparently does. Blood sprays and I instantly snap back into reality. A girl stands next to me, she looks exactly like Lucy. I have to shake off the thought. I seen her die, I held her in my arms as she took her last breath.

"Cosima" She says quickly. "Scientist. No time for back story" She shoots another infected.

"We gotta focus on the Neo-Eo!" Lara yells. "I'm closing the emergency doors, everyone outside!"

Without hesitation, I run outside, Cosima following close behind me and some guy trailing behind her, I'm assuming it's her partner. There's silence. The air is stale and enters my lungs, making it hard to swallow. The cool breeze touches my cheek and so does a bullet. I fall to the ground and touch my face, it could've easily killed me. I get behind cover and dab the blood off my cheek with my shirt sleeve.

"RPG!" Jill screams.

Then there's a loud bang and I see Lara go flying into a wall. My ears ring as the dust is settling. I wobble over to Lara, making sure she's okay. Bullets are buzzing by me, from my team and from theirs. The B.T.A.R. members are going down like dominoes. All the bloodshed around me, all the death. I can't take it anymore. My brain goes into sleep mode and I fall to my knees. It's blurry but I can see the outline of a female fall as she runs towards me. I don't know who it is. I finally black out, hitting my head against the asphalt.

I'm on a building in London, across from me is all the ones I've loved and lost. Jake, Lucy, Ellie, Selena, Sen, Jo. They reach out their hands, asking me to come towards them and I do. I ease my way up to Jake and take his hand.

"I'm finally ready" I say. "I'm ready to be with you for good"

"No" He replies. "You aren't. There's still a world to save"

And then I awake, I'm lying on a bed in what seems to be a helicopter.

"What's going on?" I try to sit up but the pain is too much.

"Just as we were about to be slaughtered, a group I met back in London called "Ghost" came in and saved our asses" Lara says, smiling.

I look around and see that everyone made it out. I'm not sure who the girl was that fell, maybe it was just my imagination.

"And the Neo-Eo?" I ask.

"Erased" She replies. "We're heading to their base in California. They've already sent people to evacuate the other B.T.A.R. members"

"What about the virus?"

"Thanks to Cosima and Paul, they were able to hack into the network and delay the launch for a few weeks. It should buy us some time"

I rest my head against the small pillow as Lara walks up to the front and talks to one of the members of 'Ghost' I can't wrap my head around this. Why would the Government want this? What is their purpose