London Bridge Is Falling

Truth Unraveled With Time

The Infected eventually left, letting us have a few seconds to gather our things and climb back down to the ground. Jake held my hand has we made our way to Wembely Stadium. Our last resort, if Finn wasn't there, we'd be screwed.

"I'm scared" Jake said quietly.

"I am too, but we'll be okay. I promise" I kissed his cheek.

Ahead of us, Daniel and Scarlet held hands. They were truly in love, nothing could separate them. We walked for hours, not running into any Infected. It was scary, not knowing if we would be attacked or not.

"I need a rest" The girl beside me said.

"Let's make it quick" Daniel replied.

We all sat down on the curb and grabbed a few snacks out of the bag I was carrying.

"There wont be any rest tonight, If we wanna make it to Wembely by tomorrow" Scarlet said, taking a drink of water.

"I'm sorry" Jake whispered. "This was supposed to be a romantic vacation"

"Don't beat yourself up, Jake. Who knew we'd be attacked my zombie things"

Scarlet and Daniel stood up, signaling that it was time to leave. It was pitch black outside, very different from when we first arrived. London was beautiful at night, the lights glistened through the sky. But now, it's quiet, filled with unknown horrors at every corner.

"Think there's anymore survivors?" Jake asked Scarlet.

"Possibly, but don't count on running into them. They're for sure hiding"

Over the past few days, Jake changed from a young boy, living the life, to a well trained zombie killer. It was actually kinda hot, yet frightening. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"If I get bit, don't hesitate...Please"

"Jake" I said.

"I'm serious, Dyl"

"Okay" I replied, but I wasn't going to kill the man I've loved for so long, I'll protect him no matter what happens.

Fireworks exploded in the dark sky.

"What is that?" The girl asked, then fell to the ground and bled from a fresh wound in her skull.

"Bullet rain" Daniel screamed. "Run!"

Donna Chang was next, then the boy. It was only the four of us now, running for our lives. The bullets hit the ground like rain. They cracked the pavement, leaving small dents behind. Daniel hit the ground, his body went limp.

"Daniel!" Scarlet screamed as she ran back to his body, trying to drag him along.

Jake grabbed her hand and pulled her away from him. I looked back, his eyes were shut, his face was pale like the moonlight. We continued running, I couldn't go on, my legs and lungs burned. I felt close to death. I pushed on, I couldn't leave Jake or Scarlet behind, they were everything to me at the moment.

"In here!" Scarlet said, pointing to a set of stairs.

We slowly walked down, Scarlet turned on her flashlight, exposing hundreds of dead charred bodies. She shined her light at a sign. We were in a subway. I grabbed a flashlight for me and Jake out of the string bag that was now empty, I tossed it on the ground. We walked down another flight of stairs. The smell was terrible, I could barely stand it. Echoes of Infected bounced off the walls.

"Quiet" Scarlet said, easing her way down a non working escalator.

We followed close behind her, walking around dead bodies. It looked like Infected that escaped the fire bombing. They weren't so lucky, though. We finally got down to the bottom, trains were trapped in the small tunnels, there was dead bodies, all inside of the cars. They looked like normal people, but beaten to death. It was a horrific sight to see. We made our way through the dark, not knowing when we'd have to kill an Infected.

Behind us, a group of infected ran towards us. Scarlet looked at Jake and I. She pulled out her gun and smiled at us.

"Wembely isn't very far from here" She said. "Go"

"Not without you" Jake fired back.

"Scarlet, let's go" I said, pulling on her.

"If I don't stay behind, those Infected are gonna get us before we leave this tunnel...GO!"

We made a run for it. I could see faint daylight at the end of the tunnel. A scream echoed through my ears, It was Scarlet...A scream of death.

"Scarlet" Jake said.

"I know" I replied, dragging him along.

We finally got to the end, peering out at the sunrise. Wembely was so close, we could taste victory.
Jake kissed me multiple times and laughed.

"I love you, Dylan"

"I love you too, Jake" I smiled and wrapped one arm around him.

He suddenly fell to the ground and was drug a few feet into the tunnel. An Infected sliced at his skin.

"Get off of him you fucker!" I pulled Jake but the Infected pulled him too. He latched his hand around mine.

"Dylan, go!" He screamed.

"I'm not leaving without you!"

"Go!" He screamed again.

"No, Jake...I can't!"

"Dylan...I love you...GO!"

The Infected bit into his stomach, he screamed. His screams stuck in my ears. The love of my life was dying in front of me. The guy I wanted to spend my life with was leaving this world.

"Fucker!" I screamed. Grabbing a rock beside me and smashing it against the Infected's face. I knelt beside Jake and put my hand over the bite wound. He spewed blood from his mouth.

"Remember....What...I...Told you" He said, tears running down his cheek.

"I do" I was balling, I couldn't help myself from crying like I've never cried before.

I picked up a larger rock.

"I love you...Dylan" He said, gripping my leg. "Do it"

"I love you too, Jake...I always will" I closed my eyes, the grip on my leg got tighter as I swung down. I heard the crunching of his skull and instantly retreated out of the way.
I stood there, crying, wondering why he had to die...wishing it was me and not him.

Infected screamed behind me. I wiped my tears, said my goodbyes and ran for my life. The stadium was just across a bridge. The Infected were right behind me. In the distance, Finn aimed his gun at me. I got to the other side.

"Where's the others...Donna, Scarlet, Daniel...The other survivors?" He asked, aiming his gun at my bloody face.

"It's just me..." I said, tearing up again. "They didn't make it"

He pressed a button on his vest and the bridge went up in flames. It fell into the water below it, the Infected went along. I watched as the pieces floated down down the stream. I waited to see Jake on the other side, waving at me. But he wasn't there...He'll never be here.

"Hey" Finn said. "Let's get out of here" He faintly smiled at me. We walked into the stadium, in the middle was a large helicopter, a few people sat inside. The others helped me aboard and I found a seat next to a girl with blonde hair. As we lifted out of the stadium, I looked at the train station, still wishing it was me that died.

We flew out of the city and headed to Paris, the only hope for new life. I get to live, but Jake will always be with me, in spirit...This is a new era, a new life, a new world.