London Bridge Is Falling

Variation

We're stopped at a small gas station and packed into buses. The rank smell from the unshowered B.T.A.R. members makes me want to puke. We're taken back a long road, a few miles to be exact. It opens up into a field and in the middle is a large school. Ghost is stationed here. We walk in and I'm instantly blown away from the amount of people here.

"I know what you're thinking" A man says. "How do we all fit? Well, thanks to 72 floors underground, we make it work"

"You have it all" I reply.

"I'm Jason" He smiles and shakes my hand. He's handsome, like most of the guys here.

He walks over to Dylan and starts talking to him. I see Cosima and Paul in awe with the other scientists. They've managed to buy us some time, but we still don't have long. That virus will be launched. I wander around for awhile until Jason calls a meeting with all of us. I walk through double doors that swing open before I even touch them. In the middle of the room is a long table that extends from one side to the other. I take a seat beside Dylan.

"As you all know" A man says as he stands up, he must be in charge. "There's a big problem we're facing with the Government"

"How are we going to manage to stop them?" Lara asks.

"We'll find a way. You say your friends Cosima and Paul set them back?"

"We did" Cosima interrupts. "But only for a week or two. We changed the launch codes"

"Well" He says. "At least it's some time"

"So do we just plan to charge in there and kill everyone?" Dylan asks.

"We'll send in a team. That means you guys and my men and we'll take back what's ours"

"What is ours exactly?" I ask. "I don't know if you've seen the cities. But the earth is reclaiming it"

"Emily" Dylan whispers and puts his hand on my shoulder. "Calm down"

"We've done plenty of missions, taking down large corporations. You can trust us"

"How am I supposed to trust you guys?!" I fire back. "I'm thankful for you saving us but how are we supposed to know that you're not gonna harvest Dylan's blood and take it as a bounty"

"He's too special to harvest and we're not those kind of people"

I look over at Cosima, she's looking at me with a face of sorrow and then she starts convulsing and blood spews out of her mouth and onto the table. She falls from her chair and we all run to her rescue.

"Whats wrong with her?!" The man asks frantically. "Is she turning?"

"She's infected but the virus is killing her slowly rather than turning her. We need to get her in a lab. I'm ready for blood transfusion" Dylan says. He doesn't hesitate.

I'm wheeling Cosima down the hall, going as fast as I can, sweat dripping from my forehead. A door opens and doctors stop me and take her into a room. I fight them, trying to convince them to let me in. But it's no use. I sit in a chair outside the room for about three hours, tapping my foot against the solid cement floor. And then someone comes out.

"How is she?" I ask the doctor.

"She's doing good"

"And Dylan?"

"He's good too" She replies.

"Hold on" I say. "Cosima said that Dylan's blood couldn't be used to help her. How is it working?"

"The cells in his blood should have killed her. We took a risk and it worked. His cells destroyed hers and they were replaced with infected cells. In other words, she's like him now"

"That's a relief" I say.

"If it was anyone else, they would've died. But Cosima and Dylan have very special genetics"

Dylan finally comes out a few minutes later and I pull him into a hug. He seems startled but I don't care. I'm just glad him and Cosima are okay.

"How'd it go?" I ask.

"They took a lot out of me"

"You didn't hesitate"

"I feel something with her. She's amazingly talented. She reminds me of my friend Lucy. I couldn't let her die" He says.

"Well, you're not a terrible guy after all" I smile and head to the food court, after all this waiting, I'm starving.

I grab some food and sit down at a table with Jill. I don't really know much about her except for the fact that she died and was brought back.

"Hi" I say.

"Hey. How's everything going with them?" She asks.

"They're good. Terrified me for a second. Can I ask you a question?"

She smiles "Sure"

"What'd it feel like...when you were...gone. and when you came back?"

"It was dark. Like endless darkness and I was there for eternity. And then like a flash of lightning, I was back. I have glitches sometimes, like my brain isn't all the way functioning"

"So, Dylan's boyfriend, Jake...how'd he take it?" I ask.

"Jake was scared. When he came back, he told me he had horrible nightmares of hell. He wished he was still dead. But he couldn't let Dylan face that and the time came when he sacrificed himself on the plane" She takes a scoop of food and shoves it in her mouth, I can tell it's bad memories.

"Sorry" I say. "I don't mean to bring up bad memories"

"It's okay" She replies. "It's nice to talk about sometimes"