London Bridge Is Falling

Executions

The Ghost headquarters is now taken over by the military and they're holding the B.T.A.R. members joined them. How could they do this to us, knowing what the military did to them and they still join. We leave them behind, not being able to face them. We continue on, making our way down long winding roads and ended up at a small gas station. We pile into the store, it's stocked with food, but not enough for a long term stay. I lean against the wall and slide down until I hit the dusty floor.

"Hey" Cosima says. "Come look at this"

We're all standing outside the store, wandering what Cosima has up her sleeve.

"So. Remember the shield at the B.T.A.R. headquarters? Well, I was able to condense it and turn it into something better" She smiles and grabs something as big as a soda can out of her bag. She places it on the ground and presses a button.

Instantly something shoots out of it and a loud thunder like sound roars through the air. A blue dome heads for the ground, soon it'll surround us. The dome has solid blue lines, like a grid. It hits the ground, making a crashing noise, letting us know it's solid and we're safe. It's beautiful, but I can barely see through it.

"Right now, people can just see a blue dome but I can change the settings to cloak us. They wont see anything. I call it, 'The Mobile Arena' People can't get out and they can't get in. It's an advantage for us. This dome can be as big as I want it to be, We can trap those bastards"

"You're a fucking genius" Anna says.

"I have my moments" Cosima replies.

We all head back into the store, patting Cosima on the back as we walk by. She truly is marvelous. We all eat good tonight, sharing the large can of peas and green beans. I look around, taking in the sight. There's no other group I'd rather be with. Lara, she's gone. She's missing what Cosima accomplished, she's missing the dinner we're having tonight, it's not fair. I shrug off the last few bites of beans and lay down on the floor. I wish I was back at my flat in London, living the college life. I don't know if the world changed for the better, or for worse.

I see fire. A fire so bright that it blinds me. In the fire lay bodies, my friends. Their skin melts and drips, I have to look away but some force makes me stare. There's nothing I can do for them. I can't help. I try to scream but nothing comes out, I can't scream, I can't do anything. Then I awake, my head dripping with sweat. Each strand of hair is drenched and caked together. I look around, everyone is sleeping, comfortably I hope. I make my way outside and feel a breeze, the wind seems to be the only thing getting through this dome. I wan't to break down and cry, I wan't to run away and leave everything behind, I don't wan't to be here.

"Wake up, sleepy head" It's a women's voice, Anna. "C'mon, we're leaving" She laughs as the bus takes off.

I must have overslept, haven't done that in a long time. I hurry and jump on the bus, they all think it's funny to leave me behind. I sit in the seat next to Dylan and punch his arm.

"Thanks for waking me up"

"I figured I'd let you sleep" He smiles and cuddles into Jason's arms.

I doze off with my head leaned against the window. A bump jolts me awake.

"The only way is to go through" Charlie says, he's driving.

I walk to the front and look out the window. I'm not sure what city we're close too, but it's burning to the ground.

"Do it" I say.

He stops the bus. "Okay. We just need to get to the highway, it's a straight shot through. Everyone hold on" He floors the gas.

It takes a bit to get up to speed, but once we enter the city, we're flying. He dodges charred cars and debris from the buildings. The towers fall one by one, they were no match against the fire bombs. We hit the highway, which is elevated and very high off the ground. The road falls apart just a few feet behind us. I clutch the side of my seat and close my eyes. Then I feel it, a moment of weightlessness, like gravity was shut off. We hit the ground hard, but we're still going. Luckily, we we're only a foot from the ground when the road decided to fall apart. I gulp and loosen my grip on the seat. That was more frightening than any infected I've ran into.

"Everyone okay?" Charlie asks.

"Peachy" I reply sarcastically.

"We're not far from their base" He says. "Everyone be prepared"