London Bridge Is Falling

Law and Order

It seems like life is never going to change. And as I lay here in the ruins of our bus, I realize that. I roll over in my seat, watching the gun fire. I climb out through the window and grab a pistol laying on the ground and start shooting, not even aiming at the enemies. Charlie drove right up to the entrance of the government building and starting shooting out his window. They got to us first. I see Emily fighting, she swings around, slicing at a few armed men. She's no match for them, she's stabbed in the stomach. Emily falls to the ground, clinching her fist. Her mouth is open and her eyes gather with water. I run to her and drop beside her.

"Emily, get up" I try to lift her but she moans in pain.

"I'm..s..sorry" She says.

"No" I choke back tears. "No, I'm sorry"

Her eyes slowly close. I rise from the ground, vengeance pumps through every artery in my body. I can feel myself getting charged for battle. I toss a man over my back and shoot him in the head. I run towards another and kick his knee, making his leg dip inward. I grab his head and twist it hard, snapping it.

"Cosima!" I yell. "Keep your earpiece on, I'll tell you when"

"Okay!" She shoots endless rounds of bullets.

I bust through the front doors, fragments of glass stick in my skin but I keep running. I have a feeling deep inside me, I know that the launch will happen soon. I enter an elevator and head for the lower levels, hoping that I'll find a lab. When the doors finally open, I aim my pistol, making sure everything is clear. The lights flicker, like some sort of horror movie. I ease my way down a long white hall. I look to my right, inside glass cases are infected. They're all titled 'Case A: Dylan Hale'
The infected are all clones made from a sample of my blood. That's how the outbreaks kept coming up, they made and endless cycle of clones.

"You're extraordinary" A man says, walking up slowly behind me. "Your blood created the most lethal virus known to man. And once this new virus unleashes, humanity will be extinct"

"You're crazy" I turn around and walk towards him. "Cloning infected, making an endless amount. You think the government will let you live once the virus is released?"

"I'm guaranteed" He smiles.

I raise my pistol and shoot him in both knees. "Where the fuck is the launch?"

"I wont tell you shit!" He yells.

I shoot his shoulder. "Tell me right fucking now"

"Fuck you!"

I shoot his other shoulder. "NOW!"

"Down stairs. You wont be able to stop it"

"I can try" I shoot the few glass cases and let the infected rip him apart.

I go down a flight of stairs and enter a room with a small rocket. There's a panel beside it, I don't know what any of it means, I've never had to disable a rocket. I look around for a few minutes and then I find something, a large pack of explosives. I now know what I need to do.

"Cosima" I say, waiting for a reply.

"Everything is under control here" She says calmly.

"I need a mobile arena around the building"

"What...Why?" She asks frantically.

"I'm not sure how to disable it. So I'm gonna blow it and I need the arena around the building. Make sure you're out" I put the explosives around the rocket and set them. 25 seconds.

"Cosima. I love you guys. You've become my family"

"Dylan" She says. "Talk to me till it happens"

The countdown starts.

"Back in London, before the outbreak. Jake and I were supposed to tour Big Ben"

"Sounds fun" She says, I hear her chuckle.

"Jason. I love you" I say.

"I love you too, Dylan"

And then there's an explosion, and heat. Then everything goes blank.