London Bridge Is Falling

Let The Sun Raise Hell Upon The Broken

We landed in Paris, not much was happening. Military tents and bunks were scattered around the Eiffel Tower. The survivors and I were made to walk through quarantine baths, it soaked our clothes and new ones were given to us at the end of the walk-through.
We were led to a tall building with cameras poking out at every corner. Inside the building, marble floors glistened from the lights above.

"Dylan Hale. Room 202" A man said, handing me a key card.

I took the elevator to the fourth floor and found my room. I slid the key card through the lock and waited for the red light to turn green. I took in a deep breath and opened the door. On the inside of the door was a sign that said, 'Welcome to your new home. Please enjoy the food, running water and electric'
The blinds were open on the wall of glass windows directly in front of me, I could see the tower, small buildings, houses, the military tents. The room was completely furnished, a large couch, two bedrooms, a bathroom. Anything and everything you could think of. The closet in the first room was packed with my clothes from my hotel room back in London. I grabbed them and changed out of my grey quarantine clothes.
I slumped down on the couch, taking a deep breath and wiping the sorrow off of my face. The front door beeped and the door handle twisted. A man walked in, bags packed, hair slicked back.

"Oh, sorry" He said with his French accent. "I guess they didn't tell you about having a roommate?"

"No" I said.

"I'm Luke" He smiled and dropped his stuff in the second room. "Refugee?" He asked.

"I prefer survivor" I said, gulping.

"I see...Grandparents told me to come here, it's the only safe place now"

"What do you mean? I thought Paris was Infection free" I said, confused.

"This is District One" Luke said, sitting beside me on the couch. "Anything outside District One is considered the Dead Zone"

His hand brisked mine. I pulled away quickly, but I couldn't resist the sparkle in his eye, the crisp smile. I don't know if it was the thought of being alone or what. I grabbed his hand.

"Oh" He said quietly.

"Sorry" I replied, leaving the couch.

"I want to show you something" He said, holding out his hand.

I grabbed it. He brought me to the window and pointed at the tower.

"See that?" He asked.

The sun was setting behind Eiffel Tower, it was beautiful and demonic at the same time.
I fell asleep on the couch a few minutes later. A loud noise woke me up, it was the noise of the emergency lights flickering on outside. I looked in the second room, Luke was covered up, cozy in the blankets. He was gorgeous...Just like Jake was. I went to the windows and peered out. A group of military men formed a line at the entrance to the building. The virus was spreading, and they weren't going to let it in.