Status: In Progress. <3

Are You There God? It's Me, Alex Gaskarth.

Chapter Two.

Alex laid his head against the window of Bobby’s beat up old ’71 Chevelle and closed his eyes as he went back over the information that had just been given to him. He already knew most of what Bobby had told him. He knew his soul was demon food and the hounds were hunting him down at this very second. He knew he didn’t have much time left. He knew all of that.
But, what he couldn’t seem to figure out is the whole “King of Hell,” nonsense he spit at him. If the angels and demons were real—doesn’t that mean that God and Satan were also real? That kind of makes the whole King of Hell role a little redundant, Alex thought. And it gave him a little hope that maybe this one particular demon was just getting a little too big for his britches.
Maybe Crowley wasn’t at all as terrifying as Bobby made him out to be. Maybe these hunters just thought they knew more than they did. I mean, Alex could understand that. He’s in the music business and deals with fans who act like they know more about Alex than he does. So, maybe that’s all this is. But, you can never be too careful. So he was going to ride in this dusty old car all the way to Sam and Dean.

Hopefully he can sit them all down and figure it out and be back on stage by his show in Kansas City tomorrow.

Dean Winchester was tired. He was tired of working and tired of hunting and as much as he knew this was his job and you can’t really quit hunting, all he wanted more than anything was to take a 16 hour nap. Maybe a trip to Vegas and a few loose blondes would get him back on track. He knew Sammy was going to be heading out soon—things were getting too easy for him to stay anymore. So, maybe that would be a good time to take a break. When Sammy leaves.

But, for now he didn’t even time to think about that. He had to fix this fucked up Gaskarth mess before they lose the grip on the world they saved.

-

Sam Winchester wasn’t tired anymore. He spent so many years running away from his brother and his family and this lifestyle. He spent so much unnecessary time telling himself that this wasn’t the life for him. But, now he knows he has no choice but to accept all of this. He needed to accept the life he was given.

And tonight, he and his brother were going to talk to this Alex Gaskarth boy and Sam was going to prove to Dean that he’s in this for the long haul. He’s not going anywhere anymore.

-

Bobby showed up a few hours later with the little guy, and both Sam and Dean were a little off put by his appearance.
Gaskarth was literally a walking, talking travesty. He looked like he had no idea what he was getting into and more than anything, the Winchesters just wanted to rip their teeth out. It was going to be a long night explaining all of the crazy to this kid. And the boys knew he wasn’t going to be able to handle most of it. They couldn’t blame him though, if they hadn’t grown up with it they probably wouldn’t believe half of what they had seen.

“Alex, this is Sam and Dean Winchester,” Bobby started. “They’re the single two most qualified hunters to take your case. And you best believe if they can’t help you—Lord, no one can.”
Alex went to shake both of their hands. But, the gesture was only accepted by the taller of the two. He introduced himself as Sam. His hair was longer than Alex’s, which he found amusing. Most other guys he meets make fun of his hair. But Sam embraced his locks just as he did. That was comforting.

He looked to the other man. He assumed this was Dean.
Dean gave him a smoldering, almost angered look as he nodded his head, looking to Sam. “Well, Sammy. Looks like you found someone with even girlier hair than you, little brother,” Dean looked up at Sam. He was quite a few inches shorter than him which Alex found amusing since he was obviously the older brother.

Bobby headed to a small study, leaving him alone with the Winchester brothers. Alex wasn’t going to lie, this made him nervous. He wasn’t used to being left alone with two killing machines.
The boys sat down, so Alex followed suit. Sam gave Dean a quiet look, silently telling him to be nice. Dean rolled his eyes.
“Alright look, kid,” Dean began. “I don’t think you know exactly who you are or what you’ve gotten yourself into.” Alex sat back in his chair. He had already heard this speech from Bobby, and honestly it was kind of disappointing that the Winchesters were just going to give him the same lecture. “You have royally fu-“
Sam interrupted, “Okay Dean,” Sam gave him another pleading look with his soft eyes, telling him to lighten up a bit. He turned his focus back to Alex, continuing. “What he’s trying to say is, you’re not just an ordinary soul to just be given over. You have something they all want.”

Alex was confused. All he wanted was a few good album releases and the fans to get him there. He had worked 10 years for this, and even though he had a little bit of an edge since he had the apparent King of Hell on his side, it still wasn’t easy. He had to really work to get to where he was and he didn’t think he had anything more than a little bit of talent and a guitar.
What would the demons want with that?

The boys stared at him before he answered. “I’m going to need you to explain a little more to me…” was all he could get out this time.

Dean sat back in his chair, aggravated. This kid really doesn’t know squat, does he? Dean wondered this to himself as he let his brother continue with the major details of the Gaskarth chronicles.
“Look, Alex. Like Dean said, you must not really know who you really are,” Sam explained, his forehead crinkling with slight, but calmed frustration. “Tell me who your father is.”

Alex let out a quiet breath. “Peter Gaskarth,” he said, closing his eyes as he wondered what that could possibly have to do with his current situation.

“Wrong,” Dean scoffed. Sam shot him another look of quiet desperation, hoping his brother would give him a little room to do this in the most pleasant way possible.

Sam sat up, leaning towards Alex before continuing. “Your father is Gabriel, the archangel.”

Alex laughed. That was not a possibility. This whole time they had been buttering him up and trying to scare him just so they could lay a ridiculous thing such as that on him. His father was NOT an archangel. He couldn’t believe he let himself be fooled into believing them.
All of this madness about him selling his soul to the King of Hell and now he’s apparently half archangel? This is where he had to draw the line.

“Guys, I really appreciate you, uh- trying to help me..” Alex started as he stood up. The boys stood up too, all ready to stop him from going anywhere. Alex looked at them both nervously as he made his way toward the door. “But, yeah, this is probably the craziest bunch of lies I’ve ever heard, and I have a show tomorrow I should be resting up for. Thanks, again though!” He smiled, reaching for the door handle.
Dean gripped his wrist tight before his skin even felt the cold of the handle. “Sit down,” he said through gritted teeth. This time with no objection from his younger brother.

“Your blood is like savior to a demon,” Dean said as he made sure Alex made his way directly to his seat.
“It not only can save a demon from damnation..” Sam continued.
“…It grants their souls forgiveness into the gates of Heaven,” Dean finished.

Alex closed his eyes. The boys knew this would be harder than they thought.

They can’t help Alex if he doesn’t believe them.
The demons would eat him up before sundown.

And, at the rate this was going, Dean wasn’t sure that would really be a bad thing…
♠ ♠ ♠
I also would like to clarify that demon!dean will not be anywhere in this story.
I'm writing this as way before that. Hope that clears any confusion that may be arising!

Keep reading, cuties. <3