Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 10 - Pancakes

I calmed Frank down and we sat in silence on my bed. I needed to something to bring that smile back to his face. And idea came to me. I could make him happy and give him some food at the same time.

"Hey Frankie, you like pancakes?" I asked and he lifted his head up and smiled slightly.

"Who doesn't?" He replied cheekily

"Well you wanna make some?" I smiled, ruffling his hair.

"Urm, sure... how?" he asked tilting his head.

"I'm sure we can figure it out."

He giggled and I pulled him off the comfy bed and we slowly made our way downstairs.

He stood nervously in the doorway of the kitchen, scanning the room, as I grabbed eggs, flour, milk, butte and anything else I thought we needed.

"Right um. I guess we make batter of some sort?"

Frank nodded, "You know how?" he questioned and he walked up behind me

"No fucking clue" I said truthfully as I examined the ingredients in front of me.

"Great! Let's get started then!" Laughed Frank... God it was good to hear is laugh, I immediately fell in love with it. Frank was a happy and upbeat kid, and it was good to see him actually having fun, I smiled at him and he looked confused.

Then we began our attempt to make pancakes.

***

"Gee!" It's on the goddamn ceiling!" Frank yelled looking up... I followed his gaze and spotted the missing pancake. Looking back down I saw the frying pan, still in my hands, now empty of its contents.

"Oopsy... How the fuck do we get it down?"

"Umm, gotta chair?"

"Good thinking Batman!" I heard him giggle at my cheesy line as I sped off to find a chair.

"C'mon Robin! Shift your ass!" he laughed as I grabbed the nearest chair from the dining table and started to run back with it.

I tripped and flew though the air, the chair landing with a crash on the floor, Frank spun round and I knocked into him with such a force that we both collapsed to he floor.

We where both in shock as I found myself on top of Frank, staring into his eyes. I found myself getting lost in them, no matter how cheesy it sounded it was true, he had the most wonderful pair of eyes I'd ever seen. I only snapped out of my daze when Frank whispered in my ear.

"Hey Robin? Batman needs air too."

I felt myself flush scarlet and rapidly got off him and stood up, offering him a hand to pick him up.

"Yuh know one day...you're gunna be the one on the floor and I'm gunna be picking you up" he muttered and I just laughed at him, glad that the awkward moment had past.

"So about the wonderful flying pancake." I said, looking up to the pancake that I had managed to glue to the ceiling. If cartoons teach you anything, it's not to flip a pancake.

I balanced on the chair as Frank watched warily from the floor. I missed the first few times but I finally managed to knock it off. And onto poor Franks head.

"AWWW GEE! EWWWW!" he squealed and pulled the sorry excuse for a pancake of his precious little head.

He turned and glared at me, as I had burst out laughing and now couldn't stop.

"It's not funny!" pouted Frank as he folded his arms and pretended to be angry.

"Aww I'm sorry honey!" As soon as it had left my mouth I regretted saying it as he gave me a weird look but then shrugged it off and continued rubbing his hair, checking for batter.

"I haven't had that much fun in ages" grinned Frank

"Me neither." I replied and I was telling the truth. I looked across at Frank and realized something. I hadn't known this kid a few days ago, now it feels like he's my best friend... but do I want to be just friends?

As soon as the thought came into my head I kicked myself mentally.
For Christ’s sake, this kid has been through enough. He's been living on the street, I think a relationship is far from his pretty little mind!

My mind was in turmoil... what do I do? Have I fallen for this unfortunate boy?
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to Lisa. There's still batter on my ceiling missy!