Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 11 - A Tale of Loss

Gerard POV

"This is like one of those movies something bad happens, but it's clean sailing from there on out" grinned Frankie

"Yeah well, I'll be your Disney hero Frankie" I laughed, pushing him slightly.

"Best Friends for life!" giggled Frank as he rolled around laughing.

"To be honest... apart from Mikey I haven't really had any friends, and Mikey doesn't really count." I confessed, as Frank turned around to face me.

"Well, me neither, but that's to be expected but there was Jay..." Frank's face turned into a frown and his voice trailed off.

"Who's Jay?" I asked curiously, I mean it was to be expected, he hadn't mentioned anybody before.

"He was my friend, my street buddy." Frank smiled sadly and he had a distant look in his eyes that looked as if he was remembering.

"Street buddy?"

"Yeah, he helped me out a lot. When I first started living on the streets, yuh know, you need somebody to show you the ropes cause it 'ain't as easy as it seems.

I never thought it was easy but I kept my mouth shut and nodded, urging Frank to go on.

"Well we hung around all the time, we watched each others back. We were around the same age, I think he was a year older or something. We become as close as family, well I suppose we where the only family each other had. We spent every minute together give or take, for about 3 years.

I was 13, Jay 14 and it was really cold and we where in a doorway, freezing our fucking asses off when Jay he had a kind of coughing fit... nothing new, the ice air really gets to your lungs, makes you feel as if your freezing from inside out.

But this time... he coughed into his hand and it was warm and covered in liquid...blood. We both where freaked out but Jay, he never acted scared in front of me, just to keep us strong really.

He acted as if it was fine, and I forgot about it for a few days but it started again a few days later. He would just suddenly shiver and cough so hard...

I was so scared, but Jay would just shrug it off. More and more blood was coming up and one day, after we had stolen some food we'd been chased. We where in an alley, with our backs to the wall when Jay's knees gave out and he landed on the floor with a thump.

He just coughed and coughed, blood was everywhere and I was crying. Jay was trying to comfort me but he couldn't speak, just kept choking and wheezing but then his eyes rolled back into his head. His body went limp.

I tried to wake him up, I tried so hard Gee, but he wouldn't. He wouldn't wake up! Why wouldn't he wake up Gee?" I felt warm tears run down my face as Frankie's precious body shuddered with sobs and his distressed face recalled the horrible day where he lost his only friend, his best friend, his brother.

I pulled Frank into an embrace and he sobbed into my shoulder, me crying silently at the horrible story of watching your best friend die and at the horrible, disturbing and unfair distress of Frankie, my Frankie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to Jay.
I'm sorry.
xo