Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 13 - Solutions

We stopped giggling and where silent for a few moments as we tried to regain our breath. Frank's eyes shone full of life, and it made me happy. Knowing I was the one who had brought the shine back to his gems, even if it was only for a moment.

"Gee?" whispered Frank and I let my gaze move away from Frankie’s eyes just so I could take in his full face.

"Yeah?"

"What's gunna happen now? I mean I can't live here cause I'm really grateful and everything for you saving my life. But I'm gunna have to go back sometime..." he said in a hurry, worriedly playing with the sole on his shoe that had started to come off.

I felt the atmosphere take a turn for the worst as I realized, I hadn't actually thought this far ahead. My plan had been, save Frankie, think of consequences later.

My throat went dry and I didn't know what I could say... Frank was right, my Father would never allow "Street Trash" in his house.

But then Frank looked up from his nervous fidgeting and I looked in his eyes. Not at, In. And I realized something right there and then. Frankie was far from saved. Physically he was going to recover, but mentally. He needed help. And I was the only person he had.

The fire in Frank's eyes was clouded by a mist of pain, sorrow, misunderstanding and horrible memories.

"I'm gunna save you Frankie..." I whispered, not sure if he heard me.

I thought about it for a while, ignoring the awkward silence and then it came to me.

"You can stay here! I know a way!"

Frank gave me a really weird look as I jumped up and pulled him with me.

"Of course you'd have to be real quiet and everything, nobody can find out or we're screwed,” I mumbled, more to myself than Frank but he nodded obediently as I dragged him around my room, picking up what seemed like random things.

"Gerard... not to seem rude, but what the fuck are you on about?"

"You, Frank is about to become a modern day Anne Frank!"

"You’re giving me a sex change?"

"No!" I snorted

"In world war two, a Jewish girl, named Anne Frank, hid from the Nazi's in an attic, loft type thingy!"

"You’re comparing your family to the Nazi's?"

"No! Well maybe my father, but that's not the point! My attic used to be my bedroom. It has a bed and a wardrobe and stuff up there, you can stay up there!" I explained excitedly

Frank's eyes widened and he opened his mouth to say something but just leaped onto me and hugged me really tight. I hugged back, proud at my idea.

"Later, when Mike's goes out we can take some important stuff up and then you can officially move in!"

"I cannot believe this..." Frank whispered affectionately

"How the hell can I repay you?" he asked

And I stayed quiet for a minute before whispering in his ear.

"Let me help you."