Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 14 - Changing Rooms

Gerard looked around proudly. Frank was stood behind him, also looking around. For the past hour the had been running up and down a ladder bringing things up.

It wasn't a lot of space but it would do. A single bed was situated in a corner with newly made Nightmare Before Christmas bedsheets on. (Much to Frank's delight)

An old, wooden wardrobe was in another corner, next to that a desk and chair.

Other objects had been randomly brought up including a clock, a bin, a mini fridge, Mikey's old game boy and some food.

"It's not much, but we can always stick some posters on the walls and stuff." stated Gerard as he turned to face Frank.

Frank's dark hair was over his face but Gerard could still make out his features. Frank's eyes were taking everything in. The peeling wallpaper and stained rug. (From one of Gerard's art projects that had gone wrong) were like heaven. The imperfections of the room made Frank love it even more.

"Gee... it's wonderful" Frank grinned like a small child who just received a dog.

Frank's smile was contagious and soon Gerard felt himself grin too.

"Now, see that paper on the desk? That's a list of times where my family are in or out. Mikey's difficult because he's forever popping in at random times so you'll still have to be real careful 'Kay?"

Gerard paused for breath and Frank nodded, his eyebrows scrunched up, showing concentration as he tried to take in everything Gerard said.

"I'll try to spend most of my time up here but I don't want to raise any suspicions. You'll have to wait for everyone to leave the house before you can use the bathroom, but it shouldn't be much of a problem. I'll re-stock the fridge whenever, so you'll always have food."

Frank's eyes widened and he hugged Gerard tightly. Taken by surprise it took Gerard a few moments to hug back.

"Thank you so much Gee, this is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me." whispered Frank as Gerard felt his insides tingle and his cheeks burn.