Status: It's back :) xo

Street Kid

Chapter 15 - Mistakes

2 Weeks had past and everything was going to plan. Frank was safe, dry and fed in my attic. I spent all my spare time with him and he was opening up more and more.

I had begun to hear his wonderful laugh more and more , and I was loving it! All his little quirks and habits where etching their way into my mind and were quickly attaching themselves to my heart.

I had even had my own revelation. I'd stopped battling my heart and embraced my feelings for my Frankie. My angel.

I had, however begun a new battle with my mind, whether or not to tell him.
It was a stupid argument though.

It would freak him out! Then he would run away and be back on the streets again, and that would kill me.

I was sitting on the end of his bed, watching him sleep. He'd fallen asleep a while back and I didn't have the heart to wake him.

I sighed contently and then I realized the new Doom Patrol issue came out today! I was desperate to read it and I bet Frank would love it too.

Slowly I stood up and winced as the blood returned to my legs, giving me pins and needles. Leaving Frankie a note, I left the attic, grabbed some shoes and a jacket, and headed out to the nearest comic store, before it rained again.

The store was run by some weird, scrawny dude called Malcom, who had a permanent cold, bad breath and talked so slowly he could bore you to sleep. I had spent half my life in that store and all of my savings.

I just hoped Frank would be okay on his own for a while.

Mikey POV

Frustrated and totally pissed off I slammed my phone shut. Stupid friends... getting ill! I'm bored! Now I'm left standing on a gum covered sidewalk looking like a nutter.

Deciding there was nothing better to do, I turned in the direction I had came and began the short walk home. Figuring that I will just have to sit and wait out the boredom.

Talking to Gerard for entertainment was out of the question as he had become even more weird, he's probably just hooked on drugs.

I came across the familiar gate and kicked it, earning some evil looks from nosy neighbors who spent their lives craning their necks to see other peoples business.

I entered the house and it seemed deserted. Although Gerard could always have been hiding away, sketching or painting... maybe even drugs?

I slowly and quietly climbed the stairs and looked around. Me and Gee used to be real close but now we were more distant than ever. If I caught him in the act then maybe we'd become close again. I could help him over come whatever he was on and then we'd be back to being best friends as well as brothers.

Where would he be hiding?

Then it hit me, I had seen him sneaking up to the attic when he thought nobody was looking!

Confidently I started climbing up to the attic. I was going to get my big bro back.